Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:57 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Default TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR

Does anyone know if they can turn this off or bypass it at the dealership? I really don't want to keep resetting the dang thing, nor do I want to unmount and re-mount two sets of tires just to get the sensors out of my stocks and into my bullits. Not to mention the cost involved...one place told me 100 bucks to do the swap.

[/align]
Old 07-01-2007, 09:05 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR

No way around it unfortunately
Old 07-02-2007, 03:26 AM
mriverdude1

The only fix I've heard of, and plan no doing myself when nessasary, is you take the sensors and put them in a piece of pvc pipe. Cap both ends and install a valve stem on one end. Once everything is sealed good you just air it up to the proper pressure and put it in the trunk. I have'nt tried this yet, but have heard it works. Heck pvc pipe is cheap so it's worth a shot.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

If its bothering you that much...take the sensors out...and just put regular sensors in...

Now, this would leave no issues other than the light being on...so then you can spend some time and pop the cluster out and un hook the light...nobody is any the wiser and you wont have to reset the stupid light...

Thank god my 06 doest have the TPMS cause its annoying as hell

I work at a garage and we see these things all day long and they are the stupidest idea out there...good for people who have no clue how to maintain a car, but for everyone who takes a passion in thier car...useless...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I have the same problem. I tried the PVC tube but it didn't work for me for some reason, even though others have claimed it works fine. I may give it another try next weekend for grins as my original tube has since lost pressure.[&:] I think there is a chance that one of the sensors might have been damaged by the tire shop and perhaps this is why I still got the "failure" message, but who knows. Hopefully my version 2 tube works better...
Old 07-02-2007, 11:52 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

I can't belive there isn't a fuse that runs the stupid thing, the reset clears it right up but it's just damn annoying. I looked int the light deal it's all wired itno the circuit board with L.E.D.s so the bulb deal is a no way (at least that's what I'm told)
Old 07-04-2007, 02:00 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

The pvc system won't work on these cars. The TPMS works off of the abs system, and detects it from differences in wheel speed.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shooter23

If its bothering you that much...take the sensors out...and just put regular sensors in...

Now, this would leave no issues other than the light being on...so then you can spend some time and pop the cluster out and un hook the light...nobody is any the wiser and you wont have to reset the stupid light...
+1
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Okay so I've decided to remove my sensors from the other wheels and put them into my bullits. has anyone done this? if so are the factory retaining bands removable and reusable? If not what did you use instead or where did you buy new ones, the wheels are 16's off my previous V6, but I had the 17 inch bullits installed on my GT. I'm wondering if the bands that hold the sensors are adjustable?
does anyone have a pic of this or a link to a service manual?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

You will need to get bands for 17" wheels--the 16" will not fit. They are available for purchase seperately from the sensor from the dealership. Once you install the sensors, you will probably have to have them "programmed" or learned at your local dealer.

Quick Reply: TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR