Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP

so 3 weeks ago, my friend dropped off his car at d'agostino racing for a COMPLETE buildup. fully built block from sean hyland, including cobra crank, billet rods/pistons, bored .020 over, stage 3 ported heads, crower stage 3 cams, Kenne Bell 2.6H supercharger, custom pulley setup, lenntech terminator fully built automatic, built rear end, carbon fiber d/s, stainless works full 3 inch exhaust, fully built custom suspension, subframe connectors, the ****ing works. the car's gonna be tuned for about 650 RWHP d/d setup, plus another setup with a smaller pulley for about 850+. the car has the potential, we've been told, for 1000+ hp with this setup. serious ****in' buisiness.

and you all are in for a treat. because i now posess a Sony HiD video Camera, capable of 1080i recording, with world class sound quality, as well as an 8 megapixel SLR camera for pics. so in about 2.5 weeks, you will have about 20-30 minutes of footage from this beast, all kinds of acceleration, racing, sound clips, etc., everything you can imagine.

who will make the compilation?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP

if you need help, I have some editing skills. Since I live nearby you can just put it on a DVD/CD and I'll hook you up. But I so cannot wait to see this thing in action.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BillyBobJoe

if you need help, I have some editing skills. Since I live nearby you can just put it on a DVD/CD and I'll hook you up. But I so cannot wait to see this thing in action.
that sounds good. its gonna be some serious ****in buisiness, dude..............$31,000 is going into this buildup

can u help me change my oil soon?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Hey Bro,I will race the guy just for the sake of it.I know he will be running better then an 11.70 but I want to see it first hand!Then when I get my long block built & 300 shot we will do it again![sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I'd also be interested in working on a video. Shoot me a PM when you've got some footage!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

so 3 weeks ago, my friend dropped off his car at d'agostino racing for a COMPLETE buildup. fully built block from sean hyland, including cobra crank, billet rods/pistons, bored .020 over, stage 3 ported heads, crower stage 3 cams, Kenne Bell 2.6H supercharger, custom pulley setup, lenntech terminator fully built automatic, built rear end, carbon fiber d/s, stainless works full 3 inch exhaust, fully built custom suspension, subframe connectors, the ****ing works. the car's gonna be tuned for about 650 RWHP d/d setup, plus another setup with a smaller pulley for about 850+. the car has the potential, we've been told, for 1000+ hp with this setup. serious ****in' buisiness.

and you all are in for a treat. because i now posess a Sony HiD video Camera, capable of 1080i recording, with world class sound quality, as well as an 8 megapixel SLR camera for pics. so in about 2.5 weeks, you will have about 20-30 minutes of footage from this beast, all kinds of acceleration, racing, sound clips, etc., everything you can imagine.

who will make the compilation?
OH MY GOD!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

I dont care who is going to edit the footage,I WANT TOWATCH IT
Old 07-03-2007, 12:10 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

me too, as long as it's edited down to about 4 minutes....i
have a short attention span.....

ORIGINAL: jrm1900

I dont care who is going to edit the footage,I WANT TOWATCH IT
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Not to rain on your parade but what is he going to do about the TB?

The biggest one out right now is the dual 62mm from BBK. They are working on their bigger V10 model but don't have it dialed in yet.

Jim Bell has been working on my custom dual 72mm and manifold for over a month now and still haven't gotten it down.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but no way you're frined is going to break 800 rwhp without a remedy to the current TB problem.

The smallest pulley you can run is a 2.5" and that is only going to make about 16-18 psi. The way we get more psi is by playing with the crank pulley's and then we can get 22-23 psi but the TB can't handle it.

My car falls flat at 6K rpm and I have to shift at 5800 rpm. I cannot run over 16 psi on a 2 3/4" pulley. This is because of the TB. The car needs more air period.

The good news is once we figure it out on my car, then it will be out for everyone. But for now, don't expect more than 700 rwhp cause you won't get it untl we get a TB solution done.

BUT - HP isn't everything... I make 501 rwhp and run 10.60's on a DD... The day I make 680 rwhp is the day I make a 9 sec pass. (it's coming soon...)

The reason the GT500 makes over 800 witht he 2.8 kit is because of the dual 72mm TB. KB has been trying to make a manifold to adapt to the GT but it is harder than you think it is and over a month has gone by while they've ben testing it and it still isn't dialed in. I'm on a short list for this TB and wating patiently.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

... i wish i had 31K dlls to spare

Quick Reply: friend is officially building up his GT-800+RWHP