Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Girdles

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default Girdles

Which girdle do you all think the ford racing is 199 and the ta performance is 159 they both seem to be the same girdle only the name is different.

http://www.innovativeinterceptors.co...es/girdle1.jpg

http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?ma...ge&pID=180
Old 07-03-2007, 04:16 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Girdles

TA makes the ford racing girdle. I know because they sent me out a new load bolt for free after my shop broke one. They tried to replace it with a longer bolt, like I wouldn't ever notice one bolts stick way out compared to the other.

I'd just go with the TA, assuming it's for the 2005+.

Edit: I had to call ford racing to get that info on the bolt by the way, they gave me the number for TA performance. I also bought a lubelocker gasket for the ford 8.8 to replace the gasket that came with the cover. I was assuming I shouldn't reuse it. The gasket came off the rear end, but was stuck to the cover, so it could have just as easily been stuck to the rear end. i torqued the bolts per the lubelocker gasket instructions and used blue loctite on teh cover bolts just in case. So far, no leaks. The gasket is some heavy duty stuff.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52416_110.htm
Old 07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

The part numbers are close but not the same M-4033-G2(ford racing) vs M-4033-TV(TA perf), I got the website from a guy at work who has a marauder which also has the 8.8 diff, butI doubt it'sspecifically for th +05 mustang. I remember that thread about your studs, where did you get your gordlefrom and did they have better prices?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:47 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

got my girdle from suttonhp...just under 200 shipped....gears with be going in next week hopefully!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

got my girdle from suttonhp...just under 200 shipped....gears with be going in next week hopefully!
Make sure they don't break your load bolts! No more than 5-10 ft lbs of torque once they contact the caps.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I paid $219 for mine from jegs, so i got screwed. email TA performance and ask them if it's the same dimensions as the ford racing cover.

taperf@aol.com

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

The part numbers are close but not the same M-4033-G2(ford racing) vs M-4033-TV(TA perf), I got the website from a guy at work who has a marauder which also has the 8.8 diff, butI doubt it'sspecifically for th +05 mustang. I remember that thread about your studs, where did you get your gordlefrom and did they have better prices?
Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

cool thx for info guys
Old 07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

cool thx for info guys
There's a good chance that it's the same as the old ford racing cover, part# G1 instead of G2 that's for the 2005+.

There's always the LPW cover.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I emailed taperformance will post the differences between the two once I get a reply from them. Does the LPW cover require the relo bracket for the panhard bar?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I emailed taperformance will post the differences between the two once I get a reply from them. Does the LPW cover require the relo bracket for the panhard bar?
No, the lpw girdle clears the panhard bar to the best of my knowledge. Pmpparts.com sells them for $149 i think.

Quick Reply: Girdles