Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Magic of the GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 PM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Default The Magic of the GT

It is pretty wild how the GT captivates people compared the 4.0's. I've recently traded my 4.0 for the GT, and I can't believe the difference in people's responses! For example, today I went to my regular barbershop. While I was in the chair, all other babers took breaks from their customers to go to the window to gawk at her. When I got done, paid, and said goodbye, my barber said wait a minute; he wanted to go outside and check her out (and did). I took my 4.0 to the same shop (it was red with white over the top stripes), with the same barbers, at least a half dozen other times and it was nothing like today. Even all the other patrons stopped to look at her on the way in/out. I'm just in awe what attention the GT commands from people. I'm glad I joined the club!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:39 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The Magic of the GT

yeaaaa mannn!!!!!!!!

When I took my gt for inspection, there were 5 lanes of cars, and ALL of the inspectors gathered around my stang with the boom tubes, and watched the car pass the whole test.

...while other people were waiting in other lanes to be tested!!!!!

Ahh I love it.

nice to have you with us
Old 07-03-2007, 11:43 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

I must say I agree, however I really liked my V6 no matter what anyone else thought. Yes I like the compliments I get too, but for me the pleasure is selfish desire for performance. The difference between the two is unbelievable, I get such a rush out of that heart quickening acceleration and that pure performance aspect you feel every time you mash the pedal. I know I could have really pumped up my 6'er for unbelievable horsepower from it, but the deal I got with this GT and the money offered up for my 6 it was a no-brainer, I didn't even have to convince my wife it was the right thing to do. I just wish I would have bought the GT in the first place, I took a GT vert home before I bought her the V6 and she didn't want all the power (I did) so I lost the battle.......but I still won the war...LoL....
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i hear ya there bird, people usually stop whatever
it is they're doing in their yards, just to watch and
listen as the beast prowls by

Old 07-04-2007, 01:30 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I get the nice car comment all of the time. Most of the ladies really love it. With my mods, the power rush is fantastic.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:36 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

No doubt the GT draws attention! It's gotta be the sound. People hear it and look up from what ever their doing.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:49 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

People always starred at my black truck too, but for different reasons. People just love the muscle growl of the mustangs.

I left wal-mart earlier tonight, and I overheard a girl tell her friend that she would ride in that anytime. She loved them HIDs.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:03 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

It's a great feeling to see others enjoy your car too...With each mod I've done (exhaust, rims, spoiler, stripes) the heads turn that muchmore-and- now I hear people yelling "look at that bad-assmustang." It makes me smile everytime...
Old 07-04-2007, 02:17 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

You ain't lying partner, GT are great!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:48 AM
yzfmik
2nd Gear Member

My car gets all kinds of attention, which I find odd since it's just a GT w/ stripes, but I'll take it, lol.

Quick Reply: The Magic of the GT