Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WHICH ONE PIECE DRIVE SHAFT...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: WHICH ONE PIECE DRIVE SHAFT...?

Guys,

Thanks for all the votes and comments.... looks like a clear cut winner!!! Spyder it is!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Spyder for me too..
Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I got the Steeda aluminum one. I love it but it is pricey
Old 07-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I will be going Spyder when the time comes
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Anyone with the Spyder shaft and MGW shifter have clearance issues?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:49 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

I first tested it my auto to make sure it worked cause many of the others won't work on autos. i doubt you'll need to adjust anything but i always make a point to let everyone know thats it's a possibility. i've only run into that 3 times so farand all 3 cars were lowered 1.5"+ the other 100 or so were all fine.
mexgt yours is ready along with 5 others and just waiting for Ford to send me the hardware. it should be here tomorrow so i'll get it shipped once the stuff gets here.
sorry for the delay having a holiday in the middle of the week messed up the deliveries so everyting will be back on track in a few days.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

I first tested it my auto to make sure it worked cause many of the others won't work on autos. i doubt you'll need to adjust anything but i always make a point to let everyone know thats it's a possibility. i've only run into that 3 times so farand all 3 cars were lowered 1.5"+ the other 100 or so were all fine.
mexgt yours is ready along with 5 others and just waiting for Ford to send me the hardware. it should be here tomorrow so i'll get it shipped once the stuff gets here.
sorry for the delay having a holiday in the middle of the week messed up the deliveries so everyting will be back on track in a few days.
So then even with the FRPP handling pack(sprinfs, dampers, sway bars, and lowers about 1.5") there is a good chance I wont need to adjust the pinion angle? I'm beginning to wonder if an adj CA wether it be upper or lower isactually needed.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

I tested all this stuff on mine since i have the coilovers and can adjust the ride height easily. I didn't mess with anything until i got to about a 2" drop. at that point the UCA flexed too much and things started to rub but once i swapped in a good UCA (it was even a non-adjustable at the time) it cured the problem. i never had any vibration problems at all no matter what i did to the pinion angle or ride height but it is a possibility cause these cars are so finicky especially the autos.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Ron,

If we have adjustable LCA's and are lowered and pinon @ -2* should there be any addtional adjustments needed?

thanks.....

Dave
Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

should be fine. is your UCA stock? if so you will notice a huge difference in traction/launch with an aftermarket UCA even a non adjustable. the stock bushings are so spongy they allow the rear end housing to rrotate a couple degrees during launch. thats what my traction bars prevent. i should have them ready soon. i know i keep saying that but it takes forever to get some of the components fabbed up and shipped out to me.

Quick Reply: WHICH ONE PIECE DRIVE SHAFT...?