Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen supercharger or Kenne Bell??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:27 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen supercharger or Kenne Bell??

test
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

I like both the Saleen and KB chargers I just feel that the Saleen will be a little easier on the motor. If after a while if I am not happy I will just bump the boost on the Saleen and add a 150 shot of NOS.

Just an FYI is anyone else have issues with the website? It took6 times to get this posted.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Have you had any trouble?? What else have you done to the car?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

If I wasn't planning on a lot of track use and not looking for big power in the future, I would get the whipple without a second thought.

Otherwise I'd recommend the KB and then the saleen would be 3rd on the list either way.

As far as street performance, I haven't seen anything come close to the whipple yet. After a full WOT pass at the track, you can immediately put your hand on the whipple and it's still fairly cool. Can't do that with the saleen or KB. That little test alone speaks volumes to me about efficeincy...
Saleen twin-screws(Series IV, V and VI) runWhipple components......they just aren't available in a high variety ofdifferent liter capacities like the different size Whipples.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:35 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

The problem I am running into now is I can't find anyone in town to install either the KB or Saleen supercharger.The nearest place is Santa Claira and that 2.5 hours away and they need my car for a week. This sucks! I even called the 2 dealerships here in town that sell the Saleen's and they said they would not touch my car!(chug of beer) What kind of BS is that. I don't want to install it myself. I might as well go back to the drawing board, I am open to suggestions on mods, I got about 7500 cash saved for mods so fire away just remember it needs to be streetable I drive it everyday so 4.10's are out of the question.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Finally found someone in town to install the Saleen they are not certified but have been in business for over 5 years and are a full restoration shop, went by there today and they had 6 stangs in the shop that they were currently working on and also had just finished installing a vortech SC.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I would go with the Saleen.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:01 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

Why is location the most important thing about doing a SC install??
I did mine myself, but if I couldn't do it, I would be hunting down the best shop, with the best reputation and full knowledge of what I was going to ask them to do. I think its nuts that the most important thing you are considering about the install is how close they are to you.
You want someone who won't screw it up, or at least I would.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I ended up going with Saleen, I waited for months to get a Whipple but my impatience was evident when I cancelled my order and got a fantastic deal on the 475hp Saleen kit. It is a good blower but I call serious bull**** on the 475 my car is only pushing about 450-460 at the crank and I have other mods as well. I am happy with it now, I got a custom tune by pro-dyno in Charlotte NC. The canned tune from Saleen is way too rich and it bogs down.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

IMO the KB is the ONLY FI kit that comes with an acceptable tune out of the box.

Quick Reply: Saleen supercharger or Kenne Bell??