Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New B&M Auto Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New B&M Auto Shifter

I use the B&M Ratchet shifter and there is nothing better!!! All the excitement of manual shifting without the annoying clutch pedal...lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/45048/6EC5443377F240EEADB69D9FC12546A2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

I use the B&M Ratchet shifter and there is nothing better!!! All the excitement of manual shifting without the annoying clutch pedal...lol

What kind of modifcation did you have to do to get it to work? I'd love the ratchet shifter but what they are coming out with for the 05+ mustangsis like people have said just plain ugly. I havent yet seen it in a car but I cant help but think it will look nothing short of tacky mounted in a $30000 mustang with leather and iup. WIth some improvements looks wise I think it woul be just right also they do need some sort of option for the 5th gear on the handle rather than on the bezel corner. While some do alot of people dont use nitrous or line locks so the od(5th) gear in my mind should be the priority. Also as I understand it any wires installed for 12v accessories or an od button will have to be secured up the fron of the stick which I believe will be channeled (w/tiewraps maybe?) which means exposed wires in your cabin which to me is unacceptable. It's been over a year for this to come as far as it has I didnt want to discourage the guy who has pushed the project at B&M but.....
Old 07-11-2007, 03:12 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Possibly, NO THE sweetest interior on 05+ mustang ive ever seen! With the leatheraround it it really makes the shifter look much much cleaner.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

YOU ARE NOT RUNNING OUR TRANNY ANYMORE!!! YOU DON"T COUNT [:-]you have options, we don't....that thing they are offering for ours is UUUGGLLY. Yes it will probably work great just like all B&M shifters do, but why not the "hammer" or my favorite, the"Bandit" designs. Even a Quicksilver with a short shaft and leather boot would have a great deal more eye appeal. Heck a starshifter with the "his and hers" set-up would be awesome.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:21 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

What kind of modifcation did you have to do to get it to work? I'd love the ratchet shifter but what they are coming out with for the 05+ mustangs is like people have said just plain ugly. I havent yet seen it in a car but I cant help but think it will look nothing short of tacky mounted in a $30000 mustang with leather and iup. WIth some improvements looks wise I think it woul be just right also they do need some sort of option for the 5th gear on the handle rather than on the bezel corner. While some do alot of people dont use nitrous or line locks so the od(5th) gear in my mind should be the priority. Also as I understand it any wires installed for 12v accessories or an od button will have to be secured up the fron of the stick which I believe will be channeled (w/tiewraps maybe?) which means exposed wires in your cabin which to me is unacceptable. It's been over a year for this to come as far as it has I didnt want to discourage the guy who has pushed the project at B&M but.....
Ghost is right, Mike - I don't count...lol - I was just teasing by posting the pic cause I agree B&M has their head up their **** on the S197 design version...[:'(]

You have to change trans to use this. I have a 4 speed AOD...

Seems stupid to me that they can't copy the ratchet design in the S197 version????[:@]
Old 07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

LOL thats true I forgot that part and I dont see that happening anytime in the near or far future
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Never say never...lol

I can say without a doubt that my trans is my favorite and best mod on the car and also the best bang for the buck mod I have done hands down.

I garuntee if you drove my car around the block - you'd consider the trans seriously.

+ the best warranty on the planet... full coverage for life of the car if anything breaks under 1200 rwhp!!!!!! (rated for 1600)

It's a torque monster, no doubt. At 501 rwhp, it lays down 618 ftq!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

In my old muscle cars, one of the 1st thing we did was replace the shifter. I've used the B&M Starsfifter,
and quick click.We needa better shifter. I'm at the light, adrenaline pumping, light turns green slam it to the floor,
I have the lead, now I reach over and have to gingerly shift into 2nd. Damn it, I want to SLAM 2nd and 3rd.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

[align=left]In my old muscle cars, one of the 1st thing we did was replace the shifter. I've used the B&M Starsfifter,[/align][align=left]and quick click.We needa better shifter. I'm at the light, adrenaline pumping, light turns green slam it to the floor,[/align][align=left]I have the lead, now I reach over and have to gingerly shift into 2nd. Damn it, I want to SLAM 2nd and 3rd.[/align]
Honestly, I am too scared to even shift that piece of junk! I miss reverse coming out of my driveway...I could not imagine accelerating from a dig and PRAYING that it finds second!!!!

I had a Starshifter also....B&M has alot of great products...I really hope they dont drop the ball here...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:25 PM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

but i will miss my t-handle...
my friends getting a s197 now that me and my other best friend have one; only difference is, hes getting a stick... soooo jealous

Quick Reply: New B&M Auto Shifter