Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supercharger?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
gray07gt
1st Gear Member

Default supercharger?????

i know there is alot of talk on supercharging.....and here we go again....i have an 07gt auto with 2000 miles. i think i want to go with a warrenty but i want to make sure it is worth the extra cost.

option #1the rousch charger has a 3/36 warrenty and said it is 115hp/65tq at the wheels for an 07 i have to have a supp. kit $340 and install said about 8hrs. (dealership install about $800) supercharger cost $5700 so i guess with taxes and 2 gauges around $7800. guessing around 375rwhp.

option #2 brenspeed saleen satge2 kit $5600 install $650 gauges $200 and taxes around $7000 no warrenty. will be around 400rwhp.

option #3 brenspeed paxton novi2200 kit $4800 install $650 gauges $200 and taxes $6100 no warrenty will be around 430rwhp.

options 2 and 3 may need dyno time i am not sure yet.

questios
1. is the warrenty worth the extra cost? car will be dd and i will go to the track 4or5 times a year about 5 runs each time.
2. if i am not running it hard all the time and keep boost under 8psi and the hp in the low 400 would any of the options be a good choice?
3. if i am not pushing the limits i would think all would be that i want for power. ever if i have dyno option #3 i would still be keeping $1400 in my pocket.is the difference from 375hp to 430hp worth the $

all i need from you guys is the answers to these 3 questions and you better not be wrong or i will blame all of you
Old 07-29-2007, 02:22 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: supercharger?????

1. after FI you are going to drive the BALL$ off your car, you may be kidding yourself but not any of us!

2. From what I've read the Roush setup is overpriced and underpowered; they kind of put any warranty repair costs in the price, kind of like the "free tires for life" rip-offs at car dealerships.

3. This is not all the power you'll ever want, and you WILL be pushing it to the limit.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:26 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

These engines have proven reliable upto around 450 RWHP...so any of the three options...

As for if the warranty is important, that comes down to you...do you think its important?
Me personally, I own a garage, so warranty is not as important as having fun...

It comes down to you and what you want...there are people on here who dont give a **** about warranty and just want the power and have fun...whereas some people swear by warranty and dont want to touch their car until the warranty is done...

In my opinion, i'd say if you have the money, pay for the blower and get it...Get the Paxton and a good tune...430 is safe for the engine, you'd be ok...
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^ are there any people on this forum who think the sun rises and sets on their warranty? I think they've all been converted lol, or have since stopped logging on (what's the point if you're staying bone stock?)
Old 07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

^^ haha exactly...me personally, i dont give a damn bout warranty...cause the dealer will still look for any way to get out of the work...

Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
gray07gt
1st Gear Member

richie do you know me (you WILL be pushing it to the limit).

i have had 11 vehicles annd this is the first one with a warrenty. but i was thinking they are making vehicles that will last longer then the 3/36 ford is giving. so if i TRY to keep the hp low 400's i think i may just take a chance and go the cheaper route (howcan i say that putting $6500 more into the car is cheap). i will give brenspeed a call on monday. i think i will use someone that has taken care of some of you guys on the forum. plu sthere is only one shop around here that does a lot of performance work and i have heard a few bad things about them. so maybe the 4 1/2 hour drive to brenspeed wont be that bad........any other thoughts you have for me will be taken in and considered thanks jeff
Old 07-29-2007, 03:26 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

1. remember the b-to-b is 3/36 but powertrain is 5/60...

2. yes the trip to brenspeed is definitely worth it, if I didn't live in FL I definitely would have taken a trip, to look around and meet everyone if nothing else...
Old 07-29-2007, 03:44 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

well you are comparing 3 different chargers....paxton (centri) saleen (Twin screws) and roush (Roots) ...so first off,,,,throw the roush out of there....(JMO)
now that you are down to paxton vs saleen (The age old debate, let the flaming begin) it depends what you want. I went with the saleen as it looked like it belonged there rather than not. Also I went saleen as it is twin screw and I was looking for the low end torque with the ability to drive my DD without issue. I think if you are looking for a car to drive around town and skip the track then go the Saleen..thats my opinion. not discounting centris....just my preference is the saleen..
Old 07-29-2007, 03:51 PM
06MLPGT
1st Gear Member

I have an extended warranty throughFordso I called to inquire about the effect of adding a supercharger. I was told if the supercharger is not ford authorized and installed at a ford garage it would void the factory and extended warranty. I don't know if some of that was blowing smoke or not but I am not going to risk voiding the warranty myself.

Mike
Old 07-30-2007, 10:40 AM
gray07gt
1st Gear Member

i just talked to the dealership that i bought the car from they said they would install the saleen for me and have done about 15 his year. someone is bringing thiers in today. they said it will take about 5 days because they have to send out to flash the car. they will honor the warrenty and the cost will be
kit $5100
shipping $140
install $510
saleen
gauges $200
gauge
install $100 ??(they had not installed the gauges before)
tax (10) $605

total $6655 out the door for an extra 115hp/75tq
i will see how the install goes on the car they have and maybe try to go for a drive in it. i can always take it to brenspeed in the future......its only money right?

Quick Reply: supercharger?????