Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Trade in auto 06 for manual 07?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Trade in auto 06 for manual 07?

ahem! I believe black cars are the fastest!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ if that's for me, I was referring to yellow and red cars getting the most attention from the police. If that wasn't for me, never mind lol...
Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 AM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking of doing the auto swap for manual, then I test drove a manual, if I were still stock it would be a no brainer, but with my mods and a SC on the way, the manual felt pretty wimpy to me, I will wait till new stang comes out to get manual, to return to stock and put all that stuff in a manual would be counter productive, plus I only owe like 10K on the car, everyone is different. If your stock go for the manual but still mod it up, cuz a mildly modded auto definately can take a stock manual.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

All that I really have is flowmaster axlebacks, so it won't be that hard to switch those out.

I was at the dealer last night and they were checking around for some 07's for me. He was having a rough time finding any with the 3.55 gears which would probably be a must if they can get one. I need to call back today to talk numbers a bit, but hopefully I should be able to get a good bit of money back on my current ride.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 AM
07BOSSGT_S197
2nd Gear Member

In my opinion if you want REAL power and ability to upgrade. Wait!!! The 08 BOSS 302swill be rolling out soon. Build some more equity in the auto for a few more months so you wont have to extend any payments out. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tungsten06GT

All that I really have is flowmaster axlebacks, so it won't be that hard to switch those out.

I was at the dealer last night and they were checking around for some 07's for me. He was having a rough time finding any with the 3.55 gears which would probably be a must if they can get one. I need to call back today to talk numbers a bit, but hopefully I should be able to get a good bit of money back on my current ride.
uh, I was all excited when I grabbed my car with the 3.55 option...but I would just grab anything honestly cause you'll be swapping to 3.73 or shorter soon enough....trust me...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:55 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

ahem! I believe black cars are the fastest!
+1
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 AM
LMaxey

someone needs to run some hp/tq numbers on color and stripe styles
I've heard the orange HEATs come with more kick than the yellow?

Oh and on topic manual is so much fun its actually kinda difficult to drive an auto now lol
Old 08-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

BTW Torch Red FTW! A manual will be more "fun" but remember it wont be as laid back relax as your auto, if your a busy multi-task kinda guy.
When you're really into the fun of the driving experience, it's no problem whatsoever to make all that other stuff just wait.

Eventually, the physical part of shifting becomes second nature (if you have any motorcycle experience you know what I mean).

On edit, I would have expected the Tungsten Grey to be a less likely theft/vandalism target than any of the brighter colors . . . am I missing something?

Norm
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tungsten06GT

So, recently I had posted a while back that my06GThad gotten broken into and I had some stereo stuff stolen. Well, I'm still waiting for the dealership to get the parts in and repair everything, but I've been toying with the fact of whether or not I should keep the car now.

My reasons for wanting to change is one, get a different color other than tungsten grey so that my car won't be a direct target again. And two, after riding in a friend's manual, I was blown away at how much funner that looks to drive! Do you guys think it would be worth trading in my 06 automatic GT, which has about 14,000 miles for a new 07 manual GT (end of year clearance sales should be nice)? I was thinking of trying to see if the dealer could maybe keep my same car payments once I trade it in, but only extend my loan one more year. It was three to begin with so if anything, I would losewhat I have been paying for the past year, that is IF the dealer would go for that.
Funner?!!!? Wasn't aware of that word[8D].Just teasing, I actually bought my Tungsten Grey GT because of CONSTANTLY having to follow my Black '05 GT with a Cal Duster, bottle of Detailer's Mist and a Microfiber towel every time I was near it[:@][:@][:@]. I realize black is beautiful, but the maintenance was just too daunting. In fact when I first got the Tungsten car, my neighbor commented that I cleaned my black car so much that it turned grey[&:].
I've never understood the allure of an automatic GT other than the buyer being 1) too lazy to learn/drive manual 2) a physical condition 3) dedicated track(1/4 mile) car.
I'm glad the GT500 is manual only( in fact all SVT Mustangs have been manual only).
If you can get the deal/color/terms you desire, I think you'll be very happy with a "funner" car (lol).

Quick Reply: Trade in auto 06 for manual 07?