Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2000 To Spend

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2000 To Spend

http://www.lmperformance.com/5689/73.html

And you would still have money left if you install it yourself.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Lookwise all you stang needs is anew spoiler since the stocker is ugly as sin. Then your set with the gt/cs styling. If you are 100% sure your going to get a s/cer soon dont do udp's. Do LT headers!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

Even if you have saved up money for the baby, I still say family comes first even if you consider your stang your first baby...
maybe spend half of it and then save half of it.
but i still like my original idea of opening of a high interest rate savings account to put towards education/whatever
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

split the diff.... take $1000 for a Spydershaft ($510) and some LCA/UCAS $400-500

assumes self install....

Old 08-17-2007, 01:46 PM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ccpoole

Well the 2000 is not like from our savings for our baby. Its more just like a price cap on what I can spend on my car at the moment. We arent relying on it to support the baby we have plenty of other money for that. B ut I definetly see the point to save it and spend it on the baby. It is our first, and I hear about how expensive they can be.

The mustang is def. my first baby though. And I would like her to have a little more money put towards her now.

What about doing a good nitrous setup. 1500 could cover that.
Trust me, I know!! but like what most folks here said, it all depends really on your income, expenses, etc. I was a hair close to buy a supercharger but decided to spend half the money on NA mods and keep the rest for some family issues....

If you decied to spend that money on your car and be done with it, save it for now, you'll never know what could happennext, you may savesome$800-$900 more and get a Powerdyne supercharger!!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM
05Saleen#243
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sactown

http://www.lmperformance.com/5689/73.html

And you would still have money left if you install it yourself.
+1 on sactown's idea. This system is ridonculous, meaning it's beyond ridiculous. It will get you the most HP for your money and it's reliable and safe. The technology involved is cutting edge and the mixing of the fuel/nos is consistent, meaning it's not gonna blow your engine. This, of course, explains why it is 3 times as much as other systems.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:21 PM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

Supercharge the kid
And I'm getting upset because for whatever reason my smileys dont show up. There's a "Top Secret" smiley below this text..but it doesnt show up
Old 08-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: baha

Well the 2000 is not like from our savings for our baby. Its more just like a price cap on what I can spend on my car at the moment. We arent relying on it to support the baby we have plenty of other money for that. B ut I definetly see the point to save it and spend it on the baby. It is our first, and I hear about how expensive they can be.

The mustang is def. my first baby though. And I would like her to have a little more money put towards her now.

Trust me, I know!! but like what most folks here said, it all depends really on your income, expenses, etc. I was a hair close to buy a supercharger but decided to spend half the money on NA mods and keep the rest for some family issues....

If you decied to spend that money on your car and be done with it, save it for now, you'll never know what could happennext, you may savesome$800-$900 more and get a Powerdyne supercharger!!
+1

Spend it if you got it but remember when it comes to money...

Reality > what you've heard or expect with your first kid.

Would hate to see reality open a can of whoop **** on ya for the cost of raising a kid. Not cheap.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
ccpoole

Well believe it or not, shortly after I started this thread, my wife started going into labor and off to the hospital we went. My baby was born at 1.42pm today. So parts for my mustang have now been put on hold for just awhile. I couldn't be happier about it though. Its amazing how having a child can all of a sudden change your focus of your life completly in a matter of hours. This time yesterday all I was worried about was what to do to the car next and what hours I would be working at work. Now all that matters is the baby and everything else seems so trivial. Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:39 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

buy a good digital camera or camcorder! you can say it's for the stang if you want.

Quick Reply: 2000 To Spend