Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

whipple problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Turbosetch
1st Gear Member

Default RE: whipple problems

I think your problem is in the bypass valve....When you shift after being on boost the presure has to be let out by a valve on the back of the SC. If the valve is not working the presure will be very high in the SC and cause a sudden high load on the belt...Just a thought...Instructions to check the valve are in the last pages of the SC install.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Turbosetch

I think your problem is in the bypass valve....When you shift after being on boost the presure has to be let out by a valve on the back of the SC. If the valve is not working the presure will be very high in the SC and cause a sudden high load on the belt...Just a thought...Instructions to check the valve are in the last pages of the SC install.
If you are sure the alignment is right and there is nothing interfering with the belt this could very well be your problem. You should definitaly check it out, especially since it`s breaking under load and on your shift from 3 to 4. Normally the 3 to 4 shift is under full load anyway. Any more on the belt may be the straw that broke the camel`s back.

Turbosetch, that`s a great call. May or may not be the problem, but it`s got to be something.

Eric
Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
fadetoblack172
1st Gear Member

well the stang is back home safe and sound and is runnin like a champi checked the belt right after i turned it off and it looks fine they replaced the hood liner and fixed the knock sensor so i'm satisfied now
Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

why did they replace the knock sensor, and i hope the promblem is fixed
Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fadetoblack172

well the stang is back home safe and sound and is runnin like a champi checked the belt right after i turned it off and it looks fine they replaced the hood liner and fixed the knock sensor so i'm satisfied now
So what was the problem and what was wrong with your knock sensor?

They replaced the hood liner? Whipple says in their instructions that the pulley can rub on the hood liner and recommend removing it. Not sure why they would replace it
Old 08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
fadetoblack172
1st Gear Member

when the belt snapped this past time it ripped up the hood liner and ripped off a knock sensor so they replaced both
Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

This may or may not be a problem with your whipple, but I heard that whipple had several batches (if that is correct) of SC leave the factory with the snot being about a 10th of an inch off center (if that makes sense) you may want to check and make sure that the snot is straight.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
doctorstrobe
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fadetoblack172

when the belt snapped this past time it ripped up the hood liner and ripped off a knock sensor so they replaced both
Couldn't have been a knock sensor. Those are under the intake manifold bolted right to the heads.

It was probably one of these resistors:

Old 08-20-2007, 08:47 PM
fadetoblack172
1st Gear Member

really? thats what is was then
Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

I don't understand your question, but I think it may have been a couple of months, but if you brought the whipple from a reseller, who knows how long it has been sitting. Dude you need to call whipple.

Quick Reply: whipple problems