Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP

Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: FRPP

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I have the FRPP chrome valve covers and they add maybe 20 HP at the crank!
haha
Old 08-20-2007, 10:35 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

oh man, that engine bay is gonna shine!

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I have the FRPP chrome valve covers and they add maybe 20 HP at the crank!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Anyone tried the FRPP CAI?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The CAI is just the Steeda CAI and the tune is quite conservative. Many people choose to get a tune/cai combo from brenspeed, B ama, vmp, or evo. Cheaper and much better tunes
Old 08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
DUNKiNUTS

what about the FRPP headers as compared to aftermarket?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:41 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

The CAI is just the Steeda CAI and the tune is quite conservative. Many people choose to get a tune/cai combo from brenspeed, B ama, vmp, or evo. Cheaper and much better tunes
+1
Old 08-20-2007, 11:52 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I am very happy with all the parts I have on my sig. They have all been great quality and the respective people/companies I got them from were great as well. You will be extremely happy with the gains. Though I dont have actual figures, the seat of my pants dont lie, usually.

I am glad that the chrome valve covers gave you 20 hp at the crank, because I thought I was losing my mind when my front end gave me 27 hp at the crank.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

True, but those folks all have the added aggravation of putting eveything back to stock whenever they need to take it to the dealer for warranty work, and then changing it all back again when they leave the dealer!
I might have slightly less h.p. gain for a bit more $$, but at least I sleep like a baby at night secure in the knowledge that my 3 year warranty remains fully intact......

P.S. I'm actually thinking about getting the Whipple in about 15 months, but will also have it installed by Ford Racing because it will then come with a 12 month warranty (since my car will then be only 2 years old and will still qualify for the program).
Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
DUNKiNUTS

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

True, but those folks all have the added aggravation of putting eveything back to stock whenever they need to take it to the dealer for warranty work, and then changing it all back again when they leave the dealer!
I might have slightly less h.p. gain for a bit more $$, but at least I sleep like a baby at night secure in the knowledge that my 3 year warranty remains fully intact......
that is really one is the major reasons i am even looking at the FRPP parts.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DUNKiNUTS

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

that is really one is the major reasons i am even looking at the FRPP parts.

That was my only reason for choosing FRPP too- but it's a helluva good reason as far as I'm concerned...!
I figure after 3 years then it won't matter anymore (most probably will get a custom dyno tune which is better than Brenspeed or B a m a), but I see no reason to ruin the warranty on my brand new car just for the instant gratifiction of a few extra h.p. right..now...
Patience grasshopper- patience...........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FRPP