Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP

Aggravation? If changing the cai is aggravating youthen your right you shouldnt be doing any mods. It takes less than an hr when you havnt even ever done it before.......lol

I'm sorry I dont mean to be rude here but changing the cai and tune is about as basic as a simple oil change. I suppose if your afraid to touch the car then the dealership argument does make some sense

Both b.ama and brenspeed sell the tuneless cai's and make tunes for them because w/o the tune they dont work nearly as well this makes it even easier for you. Spend the cash on frpp if you want I have in the case of gears. For my suspension pack it was already on the car but I garuntee you the package will be torn apart by me when I start changing the suspension.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

Aggravation? If changing the cai is aggravating youthen your right you shouldnt be doing any mods. It takes less than an hr when you havnt even ever done it before.......lol

I'm sorry I dont mean to be rude here but changing the cai and tune is about as basic as a simple oil change. I suppose if your afraid to touch the car then the dealership argument does make some sense

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who is mechanically challanged, and have a long pathetic history of breaking stuff that I've tried to fix (got the 2 left hands gene).
Fortunately, I am pretty good at earning $$, so for me it's a "no brainer" when it comes to paying more to have a real professional (mechanic, handyman, etc.) fix something for me.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who is mechanically challanged, and have a long pathetic history of breaking stuff that I've tried to fix (got the 2 left hands gene).
Fortunately, I am pretty good at earning $$, so for me it's a "no brainer" when it comes to paying more to have a real professional (mechanic, handyman, etc.) fix something for me.
Thats a huge plus in my book .........I do undertstand the dilemma though
Old 08-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

GT Newbie:
True, but those folks all have the added aggravation of putting eveything back to stock whenever they need to take it to the dealer for warranty work, and then changing it all back again when they leave the dealer!
I might have slightly less h.p. gain for a bit more $$, but at least I sleep like a baby at night secure in the knowledge that my 3 year warranty remains fully intact......

P.S. I'm actually thinking about getting the Whipple in about 15 months, but will also have it installed by Ford Racing because it will then come with a 12 month warranty (since my car will then be only 2 years old and will still qualify for the program).

In all of this you never answered my question that brought it up.... Are you happy with the CAI from FRPP????
Did you notice a good change ?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iluvmycar

GT Newbie:
True, but those folks all have the added aggravation of putting eveything back to stock whenever they need to take it to the dealer for warranty work, and then changing it all back again when they leave the dealer!
I might have slightly less h.p. gain for a bit more $$, but at least I sleep like a baby at night secure in the knowledge that my 3 year warranty remains fully intact......

P.S. I'm actually thinking about getting the Whipple in about 15 months, but will also have it installed by Ford Racing because it will then come with a 12 month warranty (since my car will then be only 2 years old and will still qualify for the program).

In all of this you never answered my question that brought it up.... Are you happy with the CAI from FRPP????
Did you notice a good change ?

Yep, I am VERY happy with the FRPP (CAI, tune, and fabulous-sounding/looking GTA axelbacks).
I would highly recommend it to everyone who buys a new Stang.
I'm sure that other tunes will give even more power, but I have no problem whatsoever waiting till my warranty expires to go that route.
The deep (droneless) rumble of the GTA's, reduced throttle-lag response, firmer shift points on the auto tranny, and 20 crank h.p. boost is worth every penny!

Old 08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
DUNKiNUTS

are you planning on getting the headers and x-pipe from FRPP? what about the shifter?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DUNKiNUTS

are you planning on getting the headers and x-pipe from FRPP? what about the shifter?

Don't want the x-pipe because it will give the exhaust a "raspy" sound rather than the fabulous mean deep growl it's got now (besides, they say it will only add maybe 3 h.p. at WOT, so who cares?).
Don't need a different shifter cause I've got an auto tranny.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:16 PM
garbledwords

I'm going to go with the the FRPP handling pack and having the dealer install for some of the reasons cited above. I get the warranty on it and it is a complete kit. It eliminates me having to figure thins out and piece the various components (and hopefully get them right). FRPP GTAs for a louder than stock sound but not too loud and a 3rd party CAI and tune.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: garbledwords

I'm going to go with the the FRPP handling pack and having the dealer install for some of the reasons cited above. I get the warranty on it and it is a complete kit. It eliminates me having to figure thins out and piece the various components (and hopefully get them right). FRPP GTAs for a louder than stock sound but not too loud and a 3rd party CAI and tune.
I have the handling pack, I'll be changing the shocks/struts to d-specs the multimatics that come in the FRPP pack are a bit stiff and more suited to the track. You will still need to buy other suspension parts even if you do get this setup.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:15 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: garbledwords

I have the handling pack, I'll be changing the shocks/struts to d-specs the multimatics that come in the FRPP pack are a bit stiff and more suited to the track. You will still need to buy other suspension parts even if you do get this setup.
They really should sell the handling pack with the two things it's missing: adjustable lower control arms and an adjustable panhard bar.

Quick Reply: FRPP