Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need a mod, getting bored.....maybe billet grilles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: need a mod, getting bored.....maybe billet grilles?

buy a raptor shift light, better than any appearance mod.

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

so in about 5 months ill probably be getting exhaust. i need a mod to hold me off until then. something ideally under 60 bucks. probably would be an apperance mod. anything really.

where could i get a billet grille like "jdbullit" or something like that has, for cheap? an upper and lower?

what about rear lowering springs?

tell me your ideas!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Yeah Bro.Thats what I have on my car right now!Its not a dyno tune but Scotts tunes from his lap top are way better then the canned ones!Give him a call!He will be able to fill you in better.

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

sactown.........im a poor college student haha im not gonna have that kind of money now or within the forseeable future.

norse, 60 bucks you say? whats better about his canned tunes? they still wouldnt be custom tunes, right? tell me more.........
Old 08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: robsirish

i'm thinking fuzzy dice and a wintergreen/tree air freshener lol!after that awesome exhaust thread you put together everyone(else haha) should get together and buy you some corsa axle backs! loved the thread!! i just purchased a shorty antenna last week so if you don't have one of those... well good luck to ya and keep up the good work on the exhaust thread!

now THAT i could deal with!! or maybe some cheaper pypes mid mufflers

how much does a raptor shift light run for? could i install it myself? don't i need a tach driver module?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Pypes mid mufflers ftw. I cant wait till I get mine. I need to see a picture of them installed before i pull the trigger.

BTW idk how you made it as long as you had your stang with no exhaust. I can live without a CAI/Tune because that only takes effect when i slam it but yours is like your hearing a muffled dog bark. Iam 1/4 saved up toward a big bore stroker kit. Thats going to be my cai/tune.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 PM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

For appearance mods i love my clear corners, and i think the billet grills look great too and i'll probably be buying one in the near future. I also love that eject button, me and my friend/copilot always joke about ejecting each other's seats. So now i guess i have to add that to my to do list also
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

how much does a raptor shift light run for? could i install it myself? don't i need a tach driver module?
88 bucks on E Bay, Yes, and No.....

Mike
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

Pypes mid mufflers ftw. I cant wait till I get mine. I need to see a picture of them installed before i pull the trigger.

BTW idk how you made it as long as you had your stang with no exhaust. I can live without a CAI/Tune because that only takes effect when i slam it but yours is like your hearing a muffled dog bark. Iam 1/4 saved up toward a big bore stroker kit. Thats going to be my cai/tune.

i dont know how i made it this long either[:@][:@][:@]

its like the car is so ridiculously quiet. i can't deal with it. when i took off my mufflers, i knew my car was not any faster, if anything a little bit slower, but it just felt so much more substantial, i could hear what the engine was doing, could feel it, i was much more connected with it; i can't really describe it. but the car feels not necessarily seat of the pants feel faster, but just gives you the mental image of more POWER. you feel like a bonified badass with a loud car. the stock exhaust is not audible at all inside the car[:@][:@][:@][:@] what was ford thinking, its so ****ing quiet!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

college for what?? I didn't go to college and I make a grip (no offense meant)! But waiting for mods is tuff I just dropped a ton of cash on my car( can't post how much encase the wife see's), and I am already looking for gears, smaller pullery, uca/lca, DR's, and internals. Waiting sucks!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

everything i wanna do during the next couple years goes as follows, in order:

axleback
midpipe
4.10's
UDP's
aluminum D/s
L/t's
Custom dyno tune

then i think ill be happy as far as performance.

them:

billet grilles
chin spoiler, painted custom
louvers
ducktail spoiler
lowering kit/drag launch kit

Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Do you have a job?
I mean iam going to go to college full time 6 classes starting in sept and workin 30 hours a week. Iam going to have to resort to visiting MF at 1 in the morning

Quick Reply: need a mod, getting bored.....maybe billet grilles?