Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

best supercharger???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: best supercharger???

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

oh yea, i can run the dog crap out of my car, and put my face on my blower when i park.
Well if you had the kenne bell you'd have a nice pattern on your face.

hey moose, when you get the blower i want to run you for fun. it would be great for people choosing between the to.at least great for saleen
You want to race at Gainesville? I'm only running the 8psi pulley which according to whipple will give me around 420rwhp. Are you going to the mustang vs. GTO shootout on Sept. 8th at the Gainesville track?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

to each his own. but theres nothing for me to admit. 99 to 04, and for cobras, yea kb or whipple all the way. but to say because of pride we wont admit. i could have and can buy anything i want.i looked at the kb, and was not impressed. personally think it is ugly. and more power throught the rpm band. ok. and i have seen more saleen blown cars than whipples or kb. why is that, because it was the most affordable
Old 08-21-2007, 05:04 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

yea, ill be thier. i have plans to be thier at least. no i will not be running. i didnt feel like paing 70 bucks to run down the track as muh as i can. i never run moe than 3 runs. its a quark i have. i was at the track over thier last week. they dont prep it on wens anymore. i couldnt hook to save my life. i was running horrible times dude. absolutely horrible
Old 08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Hey brother, alot of this personal opinion is due to a pretty good tuner that deals with hundreds of mustangs. If your tuner is a saleen guy and can tune saleen S/C'd cars all day long than I say good for you, but here KB is king for a reason (street or track). I would say the whipple/saleen (respectively) setups are pretty badass but I think the question was "best" so I gave my opinion. I am not referring to a stock motor either, my opinion was jaded by my aspiration of buildinga block and bolting a KB to her.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

. where i live. thier is only one saleen blower. and yup, that me. jacksonville florida. a truck load of pro chargers and vortecks and kb. my tuner has only tuned one. ive beaten all that ive ran, well except for one. but we are rematching. my intercooler pump took a crap and i didnt know. i was running n/i and it sucked. i have no prob with any type of f/i you choose. but i will say ts all pretty much the same until 15 psi. then im out of the game. however i dont nor i want to run more than 15 psi. if i planned on that then i would have gone centripical or turbo. i wouldnt want to go wot in 2nd with 700 hp. that would be crazy
Old 08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

and i have seen more saleen blown cars than whipples or kb. why is that, because it was the most affordable
Wasn't it available first? I know whipple was the last available because people were still waiting for it when I bought my car back in July 06.

I don't like the look of the KB either, plus the air filter location isn't good for me, good for cold air, but not for me.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:34 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

come on moose, back me up. you gonna run at the meet or r u spectating. also will they let you run that day or is it totaly closed
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

come on moose, back me up. you gonna run at the meet or r u spectating. also will they let you run that day or is it totaly closed
I'm taking pictures. It's totally closed unless you prepaid. I'll be starting the whipple install the very next day so I don't want to F'up my car the day before.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

The KB may be the best for the strip in my opinion, but if you are going to stay undre 15psi of boost the Saleen is the only way to go! I am making 430rwhp at 6.5 psi and if you do the math every lb of boost is good for around 15rwhp so at 15psi that would put me at about 650rwhp. Just an FYI the KB is not smog legal in all states yet but the Saleen is. It looks like it belongs on the car, it does make that kick a$$ SC sound when you get on it, and everything bolts into place with no mods, with the KB you need to relocate some of the coolent to make it fit.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Yes but I don't have to worry about smog... My setup will be a built motor w/ the KB because I only will use it for track/some street racing
ORIGINAL: sactown

The KB may be the best for the strip in my opinion, but if you are going to stay undre 15psi of boost the Saleen is the only way to go! I am making 430rwhp at 6.5 psi and if you do the math every lb of boost is good for around 15rwhp so at 15psi that would put me at about 650rwhp. Just an FYI the KB is not smog legal in all states yet but the Saleen is. It looks like it belongs on the car, it does make that kick a$$ SC sound when you get on it, and everything bolts into place with no mods, with the KB you need to relocate some of the coolent to make it fit.

Quick Reply: best supercharger???