Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I be dissappointed? DYNO RUN

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:23 PM
S2Charlie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I be dissappointed? DYNO RUN

Look at the SIG Long Tube headers, High Flow Cats, X-Pipe, Corsa Mufflers. Theres only 1 stock section of piping left
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2Charlie

Look at the SIG Long Tube headers, High Flow Cats, X-Pipe, Corsa Mufflers. Theres only 1 stock section of piping left

Sorry bro, I didn`t even think about looking at your sig.

With long tubes those #`s do seem too low. I would think you would be somewhere between 290 and 300 rwhp. Do you have access to another dyno to compare with? The person who is doing the dyno run makes a big difference. Maybe try a different shop.

Eric
Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM
S2Charlie
2nd Gear Member

Yeah... but I don't have another 100 bucks to drop today, and apparently I just noticed that somebody scraped against my car at shin level in the fender to halfway thruogh the passenger side door. Today sucks!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2Charlie

Yeah... but I don't have another 100 bucks to drop today, and apparently I just noticed that somebody scraped against my car at shin level in the fender to halfway thruogh the passenger side door. Today sucks!!!
Did it get scratched at the shop? If so I would expect them to take care of that.

I think it`s insane how much it costs to do dyno runs. Was that$100.00 just for the dyno pulls or for the pulls and a tune?

Eric
Old 08-22-2007, 01:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the drivetrain loss about 3% more for autos and they might have dynod it in 3rd gear not 4th....the numbers are low, esp for a dynojet....post the graph please and email it to brent.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

a dyno is just a measuring tool for tuning. dont get too bummed out. Now hit the tracks cuz thats where it really counts
Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Those numbers do seem low....The performance mods I have are full exhaust with an o/r H-Pipe(minus LT headers, which add the most!), UDPs, CAI and 93 octance canned tune and I pulled 301rwhp and 316rwtq...I would say take it to another dyno and get it custom tuned and you will see very close to 300rwhp.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:35 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChiDiddy

a dyno is just a measuring tool for tuning. dont get too bummed out. Now hit the tracks cuz thats where it really counts
Quoted for Truth! Seems everyone on internet forums gets so hung up on the dyno numbers. Is that what cars are for, running on the dyno? Screw the dyno numbers I say, and lets get some ET's on that thing! ET's and trap speed are a more true indication of where you and your car are than some piece of paper!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:37 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Dyno racing is fine, but all dyno's read different for more reasons than I can list. Dyno's are really only good for showing relative improvement, ie before and after a mod. Dont let the numbers get you down. Run it at a well prepped track and that will really let you know how you compare to others.

just my 2 cents.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

Dyno racing is fine, but all dyno's read different for more reasons than I can list. Dyno's are really only good for showing relative improvement, ie before and after a mod. Dont let the numbers get you down. Run it at a well prepped track and that will really let you know how you compare to others.

just my 2 cents.
+1

Quick Reply: Should I be dissappointed? DYNO RUN