Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Mid-Muffler System Special!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Mid-Muffler System Special!!

well I ordered it and we'll see, I think it should sound awesome. It's hard to tell from the Brenspeed clip on a laptop, but I sure hope I get that late 60's early 70's muscle car rumble.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Had mine on for a week now. I didn't have to drop the rear axle to remove the stock over-axle pipes. I did unbolt the lower end of the shocks & jack up a bit more.It took a bit of working around, but I was able to remove the stock pipes with just jack stands. If you're not mechanically inclined, by all means pay a muffler shop to install. I've still got to go back & slightly bend the hangers on the R/H side as they are just touching the rear hanger bracket.
Tyring to get hold of a video camera I can work with my computer,as mine doesn't have a Firewire connector.
If I do,I'll be sure to post clips.
The system doesn't quite give you the 'old school' muscle car sound, but it's close. I love the tone between shifts. Almost too loud for my tastes,as I'm 50 &enjoy being able to carry on a conversation while inside the car & cruising.
I do have a small amount of drone around 2100rpm,but as I don't stay @ that rpm much, it's bearable.I've read elsewhere that might go away as the mufflers break in. Mid RPM's the exhaust is quite noticeable,windows up & especially down. I replaced my GTA's with this system & it's a few steps up in loudness, but I think the GTA's were slightly deeper.I have alot more 'burble' when shifting or letting off the gas with this system as compared to the GTA's,some folks don't like this,music to my ears.
Overall, the quality seems to be quite good, but the fitting & hanger bracket rods could be better.The tips and mufflers are polished & look great.
I posted a thread in the beginning of the week that has a few pics in it.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

great post by the way, I'll do mine over at the base hobby (auto) shop on the lift. It should go pretty smoothe. Looks like a great setup on your ride...hope mine turns out as good. I've been doing my own mods for 25+ yrs as well so I think I'll have no problem, after all that is what the sawzall was made for...ha ha. I think on the lift it'll be easier to get the factory pipe off.
thanks for the tips.......
Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Up to the top for some awesome sounding exhaust!!!