Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Bama Race tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default New Bama Race tune

Well I ordered my Bama race tune on Wed and recieved my email this morning with my new tune set up for both stock and 3.73 gear ratio's since my gears change on teusday. At first impression I would say it has a little less torque down low but is very smooth and is atleast as fast as my brenspeed tune. The 1 problem I had was as some point after I let off in front of my work and go ready to make the left my car just died, no codes or check enjine lights that I know of(steering wheel clued me in)and it started right back up. I also noticed that my drive idle for some reason is low at 500rpm's(which I am almost thinking caused the njine to shut down). Very little testing so far will see what happens but it does seem like I have more pull with the brenspeed tune. I'll be switching back and forth over the next week or 2 before and after my gear install to see how they both react.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New **** Race tune

cool. hopefully you will be able to tell for sure,
which tune is best.

you can never have too many tunes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:35 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

yea, let us know!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:51 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It might be just a little less torque but it picks up so fast and helps you not just sit there and spin the tires....it is a race tune so spin the tires isnt the best thing sometimes.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

It might be just a little less torque but it picks up so fast and helps you not just sit there and spin the tires....it is a race tune so spin the tires isnt the best thing sometimes.
I agree it does pick up fast, infact it's faster than you would expect just going by feel, the only thing that bothered me was it died once just before my left turn into my parking lot with no real indications of why. I suppose I should check for codes but it never gave me a check engine light nor did it give any messages in the message center so that was wierd, I never even noticed it shut down until I tried to make my left. Ive only run it for about 4 miles and 10 minutes since I loaded the tune on my lunch break so we'll see if that happens again, also going to be keeping an eye on things for codes, messages,and low idle when in drive.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

yeah that is odd but check the idle next time and see if that holds constant @ around 700ish
Old 08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Personally, I have chosen to buy a brenspeed tune when I get my cai combo. They seem really reputable.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Keep us posted!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:17 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I think your caris wondering why you bought a CAI with 3 different tunes with words that all relate to the word performance and don't vary.

Smart car if you ask me... Now if I could decided what to eat for dinner... Spaghetti with Meatballs, Spaghetti with Meatsauce, or Spaghetti Bolognese.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

and here I thought you would say something uselful...........

For the peeps that are actually interested in this subject I noticed my idle is solid 750 when in park but when in drive it drops lower to I think 500-600 rpms, I havnt actually seen it drop below 500 but that doesnt mean it hasn't and I think thats the reason it shut off on me, I can say that overall I like both tunes they are both fast and give a slightly different feel to the car.

Quick Reply: New Bama Race tune