Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I just got whipped!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:47 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I just got whipped!

I run 100% stock suspension and I get 1.6 60' times and never experienced wheelhop. So there is no miniumum required suspension upgrade. Every car is different. If you don't screw up the geometry by lowering it you may not have any issues.
I have a set of control arms and third link and never have needed to put them on.
I think the 6-point rollcage welded to the chassis and the extra bracing in the vert helps stiffen my chassis though.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

In a convertable the cage would do alot but from what I have read the 197's are super stiff compared to the fox platforms. I did full suspension on my 99 GT. Loved taking on ramps at 3 times the posted speed but day to day driving stunk. Slow over speed bumps, scrape going up drive ways etc.

I plan on keeping my stock 17" bulletsfor 3 reasons. I love the way they look. The mustang is my DD and perf tires in that size are cheap (under $100). Plus I think keeping the smaller tires will keep me from breaking as much stuff. I figure they will spin easily and not put alot of strain on the drivetrain. No one ever races me from a stop light either. I really want the supercharger for 3rd and 4th gear acceleration. (opinions on this?)

Great to know I can keep the stock suspension. Plus with the smaller tires I would never hook enough to really squat the rear end.

GT500 or anyone supercharged to about 420-460 rwhp, when you get a chance can you give me a description of how it pulls in 3rd and 4th?

Thanks,
Old 09-05-2007, 11:20 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

In a convertable the cage would do alot but from what I have read the 197's are super stiff compared to the fox platforms. I did full suspension on my 99 GT. Loved taking on ramps at 3 times the posted speed but day to day driving stunk. Slow over speed bumps, scrape going up drive ways etc.

I plan on keeping my stock 17" bulletsfor 3 reasons. I love the way they look. The mustang is my DD and perf tires in that size are cheap (under $100). Plus I think keeping the smaller tires will keep me from breaking as much stuff. I figure they will spin easily and not put alot of strain on the drivetrain. No one ever races me from a stop light either. I really want the supercharger for 3rd and 4th gear acceleration. (opinions on this?)

Great to know I can keep the stock suspension. Plus with the smaller tires I would never hook enough to really squat the rear end.

GT500 or anyone supercharged to about 420-460 rwhp, when you get a chance can you give me a description of how it pulls in 3rd and 4th?

Thanks,
With the 3.73's it pulls strong. As long as I am 2500 RPM or more, which is the lowest I ever leave the RPM's without downshifting, the power is there and before I know it I go from 45-75 in a few seconds. 45mph is the mid point of 3rd for me, about 3K RPM and 75 is about 6K for me. It's nie to know that the power is there if I ever need to get out of a situation where the driver next to me is coming into my lane or whatever.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

You are such a swine myGT I am green with envy.....congrats!!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I think a panahrd bar and the Rouch springs rearonly or the FRPP as I think they have a small drop as well. Get Tociko D-speac all around and you can stiffen the front suspension a little for less compression on small bumps but you will feel more of everything when you stiffen the suspension. I emailed you as well. Hope it helps!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Yes I am! ...LOL! thanks
ORIGINAL: okbfd

You are such a swine myGT I am green with envy.....congrats!!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Pulls like a madman when stomped on and is great for passing and various driving needs. I love the pull from this setup and would recommend this to anyone even if it were a daily driver. Here is the full dyno sheet!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

I suggest LCA/UCAs if u want to get aggressive with your pinion angle relocation brackets to get the step up to be at a more negative pinion.....
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Your title says "I just got whipped"......dident know mustangs were into that kinda thing lol

Wow that really whines though. I thought the whipple was like the KB and was quiet. Thats the sound iam looking for when i purchase my s/cer!!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
06steeda
2nd Gear Member

Congrats Jason, really awesome numbers. Lidio really knows his stuff. Chrome valve covers compliment the Whipple!

Quick Reply: I just got whipped!