Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Maintance Parts, Where From??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Default Maintance Parts, Where From??? Help!

Hey Guys,

I'm a little ticked off, because my repair/maintanance shop called me saturday, and asked "Are your parts here already because we havent heard from you ina while".

Turns out when i brought my car in for it's first service appointment at 1200-1300miles, they did NOT change the oilfilter and airfilter!! They only changed the oil (synthetic). They FORGOT to inform me that they couldn't find the filters locally and that i'd have to order them from the states.

Right now i have exactly 3000miles on her and i'm just worrying what sort of problems i'll be running into so i'll just keep her in the garage till i have the maintanance parts.

Will this have severe consequences?
Which oil should i use? because when he called i asked him everything i would need and also which oil he used last time, he forgot which brand it was[:@].

Where can i order these parts from? I have searched on the net but i can't seem the find the simple parts like the filters only aftermarket stuff. My repair guy suggested i order them from Napa online.

Also my CAI and Tuner will be here soon, what sort of maintanance does it require? (i want to have everything in stock because it takes about a month before parts arrive here from the states)

Ooo and last but not least, he lost my servicebook, does anyone happen to know if there's one on the net?( if i remember correctly my next appointment should be at 5000miles)

Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Maintance Parts, Where From??? Help!

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

Right now i have exactly 3000miles on her and i'm just worrying what sort of problems i'll be running into so i'll just keep her in the garage till i have the maintanance parts.

Will this have severe consequences?
You should be fine, just change the oil filter at the next opportunity..
Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Also my CAI and Tuner will be here soon, what sort of maintanance does it require? (i want to have everything in stock because it takes about a month before parts arrive here from the states)
Most CAIs use an oiled filter - use this for cleaning:
http://knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=99-5000

Basically, a cleaner to get the old oil off, then you wash it and let it dry, then re-oil.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Where can i order these parts from? I have searched on the net but i can't seem the find the simple parts like the filters only aftermarket stuff. My repair guy suggested i order them from Napa online.
Try Gooling "motorcraft parts" - this may give you better results for newer parts
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Which oil should i use? because when he called i asked him everything i would need and also which oil he used last time, he forgot which brand it was[:@].
IMO, so long as it's a reputable brand (Mobil 1, Quaker, Castrol, etc.) in the proper weight - 5W-20, you shold be fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

And were are you located? Just curious.. I'd also strongly suggest investing in the Helms shop manuals:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...HAU6UWN3UM4FLC

The big advantage of these are that you'll have the part numbers from the book, which may simplify parts ordering from another country.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Hey, Great info! Thnx!

I'm in Suriname (South America, just above brazil).
Not that many american cars overhere so that's
why i have to order everything.

Thnx Again!