Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anybody with a Steeda tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default Anybody with a Steeda tune?

I do notice a difference with their tune, but nothing huge like people mention with their Brenspeed or Bama tunes. I was wondering if its just in my head or something. Has anybody gotten a Steeda tune and changed to Bama or Brenspeed? Was there a difference?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:51 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody with a Steeda tune?

Yes, I had the Steeda tune at first in 2005, than changed to Brenspeed. Rwhp went from 260 to 290. Needless to say, it felt like a different car too.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Yes, I had the Steeda tune at first in 2005, than changed to Brenspeed. Rwhp went from 260 to 290. Needless to say, it felt like a different car too.
Any dyno sheets?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Only the 290 one, not the 260 one.But just take my word for it, Brenspeed FTW.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pwny

I do notice a difference with their tune, but nothing huge like people mention with their Brenspeed or Bama tunes. I was wondering if its just in my head or something. Has anybody gotten a Steeda tune and changed to Bama or Brenspeed? Was there a difference?
Hi Pwny,

I bought Steeda CAI kit back when the MAF housings were only 80mm. I also boughta Steeda part numbered Diablo Predator tuner and things were prety good. Then Steeda brought out the 90mm MAF housing which I bought as an upgrade and then reflashed the Predator with the then latest firmware version for the Predator. Then Steeda brought out the hi-flow intake tube and I updated the Predator firmware again and WOW what a difference! Are you sure that you have the latest vesionof the software with the latest tunes? Back when the car was stock the CAI was worth 25RWHP. With the latest version 90mm MAF and high-flow intake and the very latest firmware and tunes in the Diablo Predator the CAI and tuner were worth 30+rwhp with much better midrange torque. See if you have the latest tune from Steeda and if not get them to send itto you. Good luck!

Cheers!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: Pwny

Hi Pwny,

I bought Steeda CAI kit back when the MAF housings were only 80mm. I also boughta Steeda part numbered Diablo Predator tuner and things were prety good. Then Steeda brought out the 90mm MAF housing which I bought as an upgrade and then reflashed the Predator with the then latest firmware version for the Predator. Then Steeda brought out the hi-flow intake tube and I updated the Predator firmware again and WOW what a difference! Are you sure that you have the latest vesionof the software with the latest tunes? Back when the car was stock the CAI was worth 25RWHP. With the latest version 90mm MAF and high-flow intake and the very latest firmware and tunes in the Diablo Predator the CAI and tuner were worth 30+rwhp with much better midrange torque. See if you have the latest tune from Steeda and if not get them to send itto you. Good luck!

Cheers!
Well, didyou buy the kit and tune from Steeda? I ask because I got an XCal tuner from Steeda, and not a Diablosport. I will definitely give them a call tomorrow. Thanks!