Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which SC do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Which SC do you prefer?

I don't like the fact that I need to tap into the oil pan either. Its just more of an excuse to screw up. I do like the centri's since they are cheaper, and under-represented on this forum(as far as I know). I like being different in that respect.

I do like the whipple a lot. Blah I don't know!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the whipple isn't for everybody. this member
is a student and needs an extremely reliable,
simple system. imho, the whipple is the mechanics
choice if you will.

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Why? I considered the vortech from benspeed, but 1. I didn't want to tap the oil pan and 2. everyone kept telling me a twin screw is better for a street car, better as in more fun.

ORIGINAL: hammeron

of the 2 choices you listed, i'd go with
the vortech kit from brenspeed

Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

an extremely reliable, simple system.
Then the base Saleen it is.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

+1 Saleen you get the 3/36K warranty and a very conservative tune from JDM or Saleen themselves.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:06 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pwny

I need some help here. I am planning on getting a job this year at school to help pay for a supercharger next summer. I am torn between the Vortech, and the Whipple. To all of you SC'ers out there, which one did you pick, and why? Is there anything you would have done differently?
Personally I went with the Saleen install is clean it looks factory and it make good HP at lower boost, but whether you decide on the a Procharger, KB, Whipple, or Saleen there are several other things you need to consider like: Fuel system, Clutch or torque converter for you AT guys, Tune, traction problems, maybe gears, suspension, the list can go on and on, but most of all you need to consider the cost. If you are going to have someone install it and tune its not cheap plust chances are the very first go around your not going to be as happy as you think you should be, trust me I know, on my 3rd shifter and don't if I will keep that one for long, its only be about a month since the install and I am already itching for DR's, gears and suspension. Once the bug bites it is tuff to fight. I am not by any means try to discourage you, I am just saying think long and hard about it, but the good thing is you have time.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sactown

ORIGINAL: Pwny

I need some help here. I am planning on getting a job this year at school to help pay for a supercharger next summer. I am torn between the Vortech, and the Whipple. To all of you SC'ers out there, which one did you pick, and why? Is there anything you would have done differently?
Personally I went with the Saleen install is clean it looks factory and it make good HP at lower boost, but whether you decide on the a Procharger, KB, Whipple, or Saleen there are several other things you need to consider like: Fuel system, Clutch or torque converter for you AT guys, Tune, traction problems, maybe gears, suspension, the list can go on and on, but most of all you need to consider the cost. If you are going to have someone install it and tune its not cheap plust chances are the very first go around your not going to be as happy as you think you should be, trust me I know, on my 3rd shifter and don't if I will keep that one for long, its only be about a month since the install and I am already itching for DR's, gears and suspension. Once the bug bites it is tuff to fight. I am not by any means try to discourage you, I am just saying think long and hard about it, but the good thing is you have time.

All good points to consider, I have been on again off again on at one point due to money at one point but mostly now due to winter weather driving. Ive taken some opinions on that and I think the saleen would work for me. A good TC I think is a must with any sc on an auto, my gears are done and suspenion will be done soon and I'm contemplating headers sometime in the near future. Maybe next year will bring me what I need to sc my stang..... a 3rd ride in the driveway would be ideal[&:]
Old 09-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ooooops doublepost
Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i agree 100% but it wasn't on the list.

base saleen (stage 1) for the ultimate win

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

What about Nitrous? I understand it wasnt a choice but it is much cheaper, and itsthere when you want it and not when you dont.

When I was in college that was my power adder of choice.

Just a thought.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:10 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I prefer Kenne Bell.
They have the best engineering, the most experience and the largest capacity blowers.
I have 9000 miles on my kit running at 11 PSI and I have never had a problem. Still on the original belt and my car will run 11.50 all day long. and still get 24 MPG.
Twin screws are nice and they give 0 boost until you put your foot in to it.

Quick Reply: Which SC do you prefer?