Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Complete Car Build or S/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default Complete Car Build or S/C

Alright well I got some great news that has potentially changed my strategy.

I got an award at work that came with some $$$. Enough to combine with what I have saved and do a S/C. Long story but have a deal with the wife no S/C till the warranty runs out. So I would have to wait a while but the S/C is gauranteed. Painful to wait but I could do it. If I went with the other option I could buy parts a few here and there to spread out the fun andI could start today.

But I dont want to put 10's of thousands of dollars in the car because while fun it just doesnt make sense to me financially. So my absolute spending limit is 10 grand on mods and I already burned a thousand of that.

So here are my Choices.

Complete Car build: S/C:
CMC delete plates Whipple HO kit
UDP8lb pulley
LT headersGauges
Custom Tune LCA
X-pipe Wheels
Steeda drag pack suspension 1 & 2 Tires
Wheels
Tires approx 9 grand
Hood Run low 12's high 11's
C Scoops
Ducktail spoiler
Chin Spoiler
Paint

approx 6 grand
Run high 12's
Plus have room to add stuff as things come out like
the comp cams intake or N20 as a boost to get low 12's.
Plus a Vacation to Ireland that I want.

So what are you opinions. Big Power or a Little bit of everything?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:34 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Complete Car Build or S/C

Your asking us for an opinion. I take both!
However, if you go with the complete car build I'll sell you some of my seldom used performance parts (3500 miles on the car) in November when they in stall the KB.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I'll let you know
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

honestly, it depends what you want. in the most basic form, your asking whether you should do a mild n/a build and have a bunch of visual mods, vs. a blower and wheels. personally, i think you'll be much happier with the blower option; just because, well, its a blower. leave out the new wheels and get yourself some exhaust, and itll be a hell of a fun car
Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Your asking us for an opinion. I take both!
[align=left]However, if you go with the complete car build I'll sell you some of my seldom used performance parts (3500 miles on the car) in November when they in stall the KB.[/align]
+1

Go NA. but if you're serious about supercharging in the future don't do these mods:
(CAI, UDP, Paint, Hood, Comp Cams)
I would upgrade the bottom end with forged components instead with a lower CR for some extra boost!
BTW Comp Cams are great but for a 25-40rwhp gain is not exactly a bargain at $1000 let alone installation costs. You can do them later after supercharging, it's then that you'll see BIG gains.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I had to settle for mostly visual mods due to marriage and believe me.......the more you drive it, and if you ever go to the track, you will regret not going FI [8D]
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

What is your primary use? If its a car you're building for the track, its a no brainer. If its a daily driver, or just a fun vehicle, what's the diff if you can run high 12's or low 12's. Me personally, I like the idea of adding things here and there, and watching it transform. You get some satisfaction with personalizing your car a lil more than just slapping a S/C under the hood.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

complete car build

you'll get 10 times the pleasure, out of
doing many small mods

Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

The car is my daily driver and I do love wrenching on it. The biggest thing is if I will be happy with the power or not. Over a long period of time I might be able to do everything but sinking 20 plus thousand into a 25 thousand dollar car just isnt real responsible, fun but not responsible when you have a family. Just looking for the most fun.

I would really like to drive in a S/C mustang and one with all the bolt ons. Moosestang offered me a ride if I am in the area but I live like 3 hours from him.

So anyone in the Orlando area with some similar power to the above choiceswho wants to help?

Its a tough one.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:58 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

Alright well I got some great news that has potentially changed my strategy.

I got an award at work that came with some $$$. Enough to combine with what I have saved and do a S/C. Long story but have a deal with the wife no S/C till the warranty runs out. So I would have to wait a while but the S/C is gauranteed. Painful to wait but I could do it. If I went with the other option I could buy parts a few here and there to spread out the fun andI could start today.

But I dont want to put 10's of thousands of dollars in the car because while fun it just doesnt make sense to me financially. So my absolute spending limit is 10 grand on mods and I already burned a thousand of that.

So here are my Choices.

Complete Car build: S/C:
CMC delete plates Whipple HO kit
UDP8lb pulley
LT headersGauges
Custom Tune LCA
X-pipe Wheels
Steeda drag pack suspension 1 & 2 Tires
Wheels
Tires approx 9 grand
Hood Run low 12's high 11's
C Scoops
Ducktail spoiler
Chin Spoiler
Paint

approx 6 grand
Run high 12's
Plus have room to add stuff as things come out like
the comp cams intake or N20 as a boost to get low 12's.
Plus a Vacation to Ireland that I want.

So what are you opinions. Big Power or a Little bit of everything?
what kind of power are you use to & how fast do you wana go? being this is my first 300hp car, a couple of bolt ons and ill be happy(for a lil anyway).

If i was you i would mix and match what you have. I would do a forged int w/ a sc, susp, & wheels/tires, spoiler, & maybe c-scoops.

forget del plates, the hood, & paint, etc.

Quick Reply: Complete Car Build or S/C