Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

powerlost in 1st gear only no boost procharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: powerlost in 1st gear only no boost procharger

If the car goes into fail mode won't that show up in the dash or something? (idiot light or throw a code?) Does your handheld tuner show it? I am new to S/C' ing and have much to learn. I dont think that the gear and 6 spd have anything to do with it but I have no realfacts to back it up. Email CrazyAl and ask him....I have not seen him here in a while but do a search for the author and type it just as I have and maybe he can shed some light on the subject.......what tells you that the car is in fail safe mode? FordFanBoy should be able to help too. Have not seenhim much either. Some of the regulars in the Shelby section might be able to help too as they have S/C'd GT500's and such. If the problems ever gets fixed let me know. Do you have photobucket? Set up an acct and post a link to the video after you download it. If you dont have photobucket its free and real easy to download the video from there. Hope it helps
Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

So any improvement?....sounds like belt slippage to me! Since the car is dynoed in fourth gear it probably wont show on the dyno. A boost gauge will tell you if the psi goes way past what the pulley is rated for hence belt slippage. JMO
Actually if the belt slips the boost will go down then back up.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't know your problem, but I wouldn't suspect the gears, makes no sense. Possibly something wrong with the transmission. Clearly the pcm is not allowing WOT for some reason in first gear or else it would make boost.

An aeroforce gauge would be very useful in this situation because it could atleast show the throttle percentage the pcm is reporting. Mine will be here tomorrow!

ORIGINAL: 06supercharged

Thanks for your help Its not the belt that was the first thing i checked. The computer is going to fail mode in first only, no wot? The car worked fine untill the trans and gears went in. Do you think that the 430 is to much for this trans? the car does run better with the 20s on. I do have a boost g and it shows no boost in first,once i shift to second its right on it.First feels like a total stock car I cant explain and just cannot seem to figure it out.I tried to get my camera to film it but can't get it to down load.any help you can give me thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Mine should be here today lol
Old 10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

mine won't arrive today or tomorrow, cause
i havn't ordered one yet []
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

Thanks I guess i should get one what was the cost and part#? so i can order it .
Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

My suggestion is that you need to replace your upstream 02 sensors...
Old 10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

Thanks would you know the part # by chance? Were is this located ill take off my buddys car and test it.
Hey what is your 60 foot if you dont mine?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:51 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

My bad thanks moose
ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: mygt500

So any improvement?....sounds like belt slippage to me! Since the car is dynoed in fourth gear it probably wont show on the dyno. A boost gauge will tell you if the psi goes way past what the pulley is rated for hence belt slippage. JMO
Actually if the belt slips the boost will go down then back up.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:38 PM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

Well the problem seems to be fixed .It cost me less then 5 dollars. LikeI stated I paid a shop 300.00 dollars to fixed the car, It worked for about5take offs then back to the problem . Said it was the TB so he put his on untill i bought one . I order new one same problem. My buddy has a grand nation with a turbo Hetold me to check all the clamps for the charger and found two that seemed tight but was damaged . Does this make sense? Well its fixed and never been this fast.I'll find out what it does friday night at the track . Thanks for all that tried to help.

Quick Reply: powerlost in 1st gear only no boost procharger