Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

o/r H pipe, interesting story

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:29 PM
nate2953
1st Gear Member

Default o/r H pipe, interesting story

So im putting on my pypes o/r h pipe to complement my pypes over axle pipes and pypes violators. Install goes well until i start to fit everything together when pypes lack of quality leaves me with an exhaust that doesnt fit together. Pipes are too long, too short too wide too narrow. It all was pissing me off. I rig the h pipe together with some ignition coil clamp and two other exhaust clamps. Then the muffler wont match up to the hangers and the over axle pipes. By this time im just pissed and tell my buddy eff it, were just gonna put hte mufflers on the hangers and run the overaxle pipes just over the mufflers. So end result i have in O/R H pipe going to hte overaxle pipes going just over the muffler inlet and i get the loudest sounding car ive ever heard. My god everyone in the hobby shop stopped and looked and couldnt believe how loud she was. ive had the goofiest grin on my face ever since i put it on. Im so happy with how it sounds, might get annoying on my long road trips but ill deal with it. Long story short, O/R H pipes with no mufflers sounds great. BTW i installed hte mufflers on the hangers so it looks like its got mufflers so maybe cops will just assume its loud as hell on its own
Old 09-29-2007, 03:44 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: o/r H pipe, interesting story

lol yai ran mine like that for about 30 minutes and it was so dayum loud, i dont understand why your having problems though? everything should be 2.5" in diameter and should mate up correctly, i dunno tho, havent seen the violators before..