Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SC, Where to get it from?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

Default SC, Where to get it from?

So I have read thru a lot of threads here dealing with Super Chargers and Warrantys.
It seems I can get one thru Roush or Saleen, at an authorized installer, and keep my warranty.
So I have some questions..

1. Roush or Saleen, I got the idea here that the saleen is better?
2. WHERE? I am in West Los Angeles, I called the authorized Saleen dealer closest to me, Buerge Ford, and the sales guy didnt know.. hes having the service center call me back on monday. I went to Don Knott ford in Carson when I was getting ready to buy the car, and I dont really want to deal with them again.. I got the serious, car salesman business, from them.. just felt shady. They also told me that if I bought a regular mustang there, and added the Roush SC, it would void my warranty. Were they just trying to sell me on something else?
3. does it have to be a authorized maintence shop, or only the dealership? is there authorized shops that arnt dealers?

Any help would be appreciated.. I really want to get a SC on my new 07 GT, but I am not going to jeapordize my warranty for it.
THANKS!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:33 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SC, Where to get it from?

the saleen s./c must be installed by the saleen installation dealership, which is in cali I believe, or very near to keep the 3 year, 36k warranty. otherwise you only receive a 1 year 12k warranty on your powertrain.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Otherwise, you only recieve a 12 month warranty on the supercharger.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ModernMuscle

the saleen s./c must be installed by the saleen installation dealership, which is in cali I believe, or very near to keep the 3 year, 36k warranty. otherwise you only receive a 1 year 12k warranty on your powertrain.
So it has to be installed at Saleen in Irvine?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:48 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

If you're in CA. that's where I would go if I wanted to keep my warranty. Just be careful, when you get there you'll want to buy a whole bunch more stuff!!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:52 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

screw Roush, the warranty is figured into the price of the s/c and you can get a much more efficient setup for the money. Roush FTL.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

screw Roush, the warranty is figured into the price of the s/c and you can get a much more efficient setup for the money. Roush FTL.
Yes, you can get a much more efficient setup for your money.. but not one that will keep my full warranty intact, which is the point of this whole thing.. I am not spending all this money on this car just to void major parts of the warranty lol
Old 09-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

If you're in CA. that's where I would go if I wanted to keep my warranty. Just be careful, when you get there you'll want to buy a whole bunch more stuff!!
I'll have to call them on monday and see what they say.. thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Old 09-30-2007, 01:49 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

If you care about the warrenty so much have any dealer install a ford racing one...