Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

To all whipple owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default To all whipple owners

I was looking at the whipple SC´ers and cant decide myself, speaking with Jonas from Lethalperformance he told me if i buy the intercooled version of the SC it comes with a 8lb pulley due to autos tranny longevity and durability, but if I get the non-intercooled i can just buy a 8lb pulley and thats it, same performanceand I would save me some good cash.
But now what are the cons of having the non.intercooled SC @8lbs? if theres any? [&:]

Thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: To all whipple owners

I'm not a whipple owner but have sent a PM to Justin at VMP asking about both 6 and 8 psi on the non-ic package. I asked him beacuse I know he works with Lethal Performance on the whipple's. I would be worried about heat but am not sure.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Heat=Bad for FI. But if you keep the boost low you should not have any problems.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Thats just it, can we run 7 or 8 psi on the non-ic whipple w/o having to worry too much about overheating it?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Tune is the answer. If you are going to run 8psi without an intercooler I would worry. But its your dime, if you have a custom tune done you might be OK. I would spend the extra ducks and get the intercooled and not worry.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I would definately contact whipple if you plan to run the tune that comes with it along with an 8lb pulley. I know they said the HO tune can be used with 8lb pulley no problem, but not sure about going the othe way.

This is off topic, but I pulled my whippled 06 to redline today in 4th gear. Damn the thing pulls like crazy over 110. I was not planning on going that fast, but the 2 cars i thought I was passing turned into 5. This car is going to get me into trouble. I have 4.10 gears incase someone thought I was going 140.

As you know I was looking for a good price on the non-intercooled whipple kit and came to the conclusion that's it's better to buy the HO and sell off all the **** that you don't want or just install the HO kit. Whipple ain't giving you much of a break on the non-intercooled kit. If you can find it for $4k it'd be worth it, but at $4600 I figured for $1k more I get the intercooler setup plus the gt500 pumps (which sell for $679 and that's the cheapest i've seen). Installing the HO kit was not that much more work IMO.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: MexGT

I was looking at the whipple SC´ers and cant decide myself, speaking with Jonas from Lethalperformance he told me if i buy the intercooled version of the SC it comes with a 8lb pulley due to autos tranny longevity and durability, but if I get the non-intercooled i can just buy a 8lb pulley and thats it, same performanceand I would save me some good cash.
But now what are the cons of having the non.intercooled SC @8lbs? if theres any? [&:]

Thanks
You're not going to see the same performance from running the Non Intercooled kit at 8 PSI compared to a HO Kit at 8 PSI. The intercooler setup is worth a good 50+rwhp. That's a pretty big difference. You're also creating a lot more heat on the non intercooled setup at that boost level. For the extra $$ it's well worth it to get the H.O kit as if you had to buy that stuff at a later date it's going to cost you a lot more than just getting it now. If you can only afford to do the Non IC kit you'll still be very happy but if you've got the extra dough for thr HO you'll be even happier. By the way, I know Jonas over there at Lethal and he's a pretty good guy to deal with. However if you get a chance to deal with Jared you're dealing with the best..LOL

Give us a call if there's anything else we can help you with. Thanks, Jared
Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if you have your heart set on a whipple, then
i would recommend getting the HO kit and
running the 8psi pulley.

keep us posted on your project
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Thanks a lot Jared, for sure 50rwhp is a good deal for the extra $$.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:53 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

"To all whipple owners"........

Oh man..........I wish I was with this crew......
s ~

Quick Reply: To all whipple owners