Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SC Install Pro/ or / DIY

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Default SC Install Pro/ or / DIY

Hey, i just recently sold my 71 stang and i put some of the $$torwards the car payement and have 4000$ for a SC for my 06. I could get more but dont feel like waiting a month nor do i want to realisticly spend more. I am shopping around now and am getting about 900-1000$ for a install from a performance shop for a Vortech or Paxton kit. Is this the going rate for an install? I have a good amount of experience with my hands, as i did a .030over engine rebuild/ supension rebuild/ body work/ welding/ pretty much everything for my 71, rebuilt roots SC's on my GTP and now looking to SC my 06. How difficult is it to install, i see times of 12-14 hrs for someone to do it at home, is the install best done with a friendor helper? does the intake mani need to come off( ive seen it taken offin a walkthough for one) Ive never dealt with a Centri SC and newers cars( 2000+) are new to me. Is this something you think i could tackle, or should i just pay up the 1k for an install, or use that 1k for a better system? -Jon
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SC Install Pro/ or / DIY

Sounds like you know your way around a garage, grab a friend, take your time, and you should be fine..
Old 10-15-2007, 05:48 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and maybe use the $ for a good dyno tune after the install..
Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm sure you can do it yourself and if you only want to spend $4k I think the best bet is the vortech package from brenspeed.com

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...rchargers.html
Old 10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWD1V

Thats looking like my best deal and i can install it myself. 42o crank hp. Which would be sufficient for me, and i can use the other 800 for LCA's and some other add ons for suspension. Is this kit cheaper anywhere else? -Jon
Old 10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

The superchargers on these cars are definately easy enough to do yourself. They come with very detailed instructions and it goes even easier with an extra hand from a friend. So I would just save the install money and put it towards something else. LCA's are a good idea to help with the wheel hop, but newer stickier tires would be the most beneficial to get the new power to the ground.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

absolutely you can do yourself, just
set plenty of time aside, so you can
relax and enjoy the install.

pick your poison, there all great and most
have excellent install manuals
Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I would love to go DIY but I'm going pro. Just don't have the time and don't want to wait.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

I would love to go DIY but I'm going pro. Just don't have the time and don't want to wait.
With that extra grand your spending have someone do a DIY job, you could be getting 60+rwhp...[:'(]
Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Well, my dad has talked me into a different combo for the SC, the new NOVI SL 1200. It has a contained supercharger oil and there is no oil linesetc. its 3600$ for the full kit and he thinks that would be best for me, its not messign with engine oil and is more of a direct bolt on part, and makes the whole job seems easier. its about 300$ more than than the non self contained kit, but i think it is worth it. imma check over some more review's and reading and probably order one in the next week or so and then put it on myself. -Jon

Quick Reply: SC Install Pro/ or / DIY