Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:58 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT

ORIGINAL: GrabberO07

Something sounds wierd here..... It has to be cutting out on the top end. 1.7 60ft with his bolt ons should have put him around a 12.6-12.7 ET. But it also depends on his shift points. Street racing doesnt determine whos car is faster...thats reserved for the track...and at the track hes faster... .4 tenths faster to be exact.. thats about a car length he has on you at the end of the track...but again his 60ft insured his faster ET. What gears are you running as compared to him? Does he or you have longtubes? Any dyno results? what mods do you have?
yes i raced him..........he seemed to get about a car and a half at the launch and pull another length by the end. i have stock gears. im all stock except a cai/tune. i was running on et street radials at the time, him on the et streets but the balooney ones...the full slicks. he has a CAI, tune, o/r h pipe, steeda axleback, udp's, 4.10's, and front swaybar removed.

i was running on d/r's that he lent me, by the way. cool as hell guy. he was running on et drags that someone lent him.

i need to get my 60' down. it seems easy. he said that to get the 1.7, he just held the rpm's at 5k and slammed the gas down and dumped the clutch super hard.

i haven't yet reached the threshold of running on regular street tires; im confident that with more practice i could pull off as low as a 13.3. so i really had no buisiness running on dr's yet. im not up to that skill level yet.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 AM
GrabberO07

Dumping the clutch will net you nothing but tire spin...the trick to our cars is slipping the clutch. Him dumping at 5000 only means he will be replacing his clutch soon.

Your always ready for DRs. I will be running on the for the first time this weekend. BFG DRs275/4/17. I just installed my PMP/Jegs line locks so I am kinda excited to get to the track on friday.

As for the feel of your car... it could possibly suspension differences. I feel so much more after I lowered my car and put the LCAs and Relocaiton brackets on. I feel the road more. When I lauch it feels completely different than it did when i was at stock heighth... the gears also added some umfff.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

its called engine break in ! yours is way more used.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MexGT

its called engine break in ! yours is way more abused.
yes, it is

seriously tho, not sure it could make that much of a difference. he's got 10k miles on it.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

10k on a 2008!! Wow!! Does he have anything else to do other than driving around?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

a 1.7 60' resulting with a 13.0 ET....wtf??? what tune is he running?

That should have been a mid 12 car with all those bolt on's and that 60' for sure.........
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

a super super ****ty diablo tune that was custom made but rushed through. its total garbage. it was running super super rich up top, and he can't change the settings, because the'yre locked out.
Tell him to get a 93 Race tune from Doug.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

That should have been a mid 12 car with all those bolt on's and that 60' for sure.........
i know.......another one of my buddies has very similar mods, without the udp's i think, and is running a 12.6. i know its the guy's tune. hes getting a brenspeed tune soon. the car is modded but doesnt pull as hard as it should
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

i know.......another one of my buddies has very similar mods, without the udp's i think, and is running a 12.6. i know its the guy's tune. hes getting a brenspeed tune soon. the car is modded but doesnt pull as hard as it should

Hope he gets it sorted out cause when he does, she going to fly for sure...........
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Hope he gets it sorted out cause when he does, she going to fly for sure...........
me 2. hes so frustrated and i would be too.

Quick Reply: my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT