Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting the 07 mustang FI

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:10 AM
ccpoole

Default Getting the 07 mustang FI

[hr] Well I have decided to go ahead and boost the stang. I did about 2 months of research to decide on whether to do supercharger or turbo. It was basically between the whipple or turbonetics kit. After much internal debate, I decided on the turbo. Only problem is that the kit wont be available for sale until december (after its debut at sema). So now ill just have to wait. I am hoping I dont change my mind while waiting. I have the money now so waiting really sucks. Im ready for the stang to be fast. Oh well. The time should give me close to 2 months to save up for a forged rotating assembly or a stroked small block to handle higher boost levels or a bigger turbo. I am hoping to put down 450whp on the stock block. If i get it forged then id like to get 550. I will keep everyone updated on how the progress it going once it really all begins.[/align]
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 AM
ccpoole

Default RE: Getting the 07 mustang FI

Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 AM
GotMunchies?
1st Gear Member

The turbo is mounted in front of the engine...

HAHAHAHA, I've never seen that before, that's awesome! Although I think seeing the exhaust manifold would make me cry...

While you're waiting for the turbo, you could invest in the car's ability to handle the power. If the only suspension mods you have are those springs, you're in dire need of upgrades to prepare for that turbo. Dampers, panhard rod and brace, UCA's, LCA's, and let us not forget brakes! At the very least some performance brake fluid so when you throw out the anchor, something actually happens.

Any chance we could see some dyno sheets for the turbo kit?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ccpoole whats ur car sound like? thats my exact settup but with o/r x-pipe lemme know if you got a sound clip or something bro
Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Isn't that picture from last years sema show? I thought this kit was allready out? The whipple is much simpler and better looking.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Thats what I was thinking. Thats an old picture.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:40 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

ALOT more issues with tubos in these cars than S/C's
Old 10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
batmobile2005
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Isn't that picture from last years sema show? I thought this kit was allready out? The whipple is much simpler and better looking.
+1 on the whipple
Old 10-19-2007, 03:35 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

ALOT more issues with tubos in these cars than S/C's
Like what? I've never heard of anyone having any problems... I too am going FI in the next year or two and am torn between a twin turbo set up or a SC.... [&:]
Old 10-19-2007, 03:54 PM
jeostang

I've had two SC cars and now I driving a turbo car.

On one of my SC cars I've had belt issues, and that was about it. On this turbo car the only issues I've had so far is a small oil leak coming from the oil filter relocation. I just tightend up the connectors and that was it, oh, and I also had issues with a big smile on my face when full boost kicks in at 2200 RPM. So on SC and Turbo cars as long as you do your maintance both will be fine. My next car will be a Roots type blower since thats the only Power adder I've never had.

Quick Reply: Getting the 07 mustang FI