Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is there a difference.?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:33 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is there a difference.?

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

How about you find some real proof that UDPs don't work instead of your "raw" bull**** numbers.

Every post of your that I read shows how much of an arrogant *** you are. People like you make it embarassing to own a Mustang. Out of everybody that has installed UDPs, your part of a very VERY small group of people that claim they don't work. If they don't work, why don't you get rid of them.

Hi acascianelli,

Like I said, he made them up. He can't find any testing that shows UDPs don't work because in fact they do work. Parasitic drag is highest at high RPM, this is why you don't see much gain if any at low RPM, you have to test at middle to top RPM to see the reductions in power loss. This is much like any other drivetrain losses, at low RPM they are hard to see but as RPM goes up the losses go up too and become more visible in testing. These parts do not "make" power only reduce the losses to other sources. A water pump is not using much powerat idle or low RPM but just like a supercharger as RPM build power losses grow.

HTH!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I've seen dyno results before showing before and after UDP's, I can't find them now.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Found some people with dyno results but no graphs...

Bamachips 93 race tune and Steeda CAI
Before UDP: 289 rwhp / 289 rwtq
After UDP: 301 rwhp / 294 rwtq

Some other guy went from a 13.362@106.30 to a 13.257@109.36, some of that I'm sure was the driver but it still shows a good amount of improvement. He had CAI and tune also.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:26 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

Found some people with dyno results but no graphs...

Bamachips 93 race tune and Steeda CAI
Before UDP: 289 rwhp / 289 rwtq
After UDP: 301 rwhp / 294 rwtq

Some other guy went from a 13.362@106.30 to a 13.257@109.36, some of that I'm sure was the driver but it still shows a good amount of improvement. He had CAI and tune also.
You wont find a dyno graph because people make their **** up. Yeah the boxsays 10 hp, so they add them. It is not in the peak.

I have proven dyno graphs NOT pulled from my ***, ill post them up here while im not in class.

O and sorry im so "arrogant" and i state facts. I dont read off of box covers and believe everything that the manufactorer says.

O and i dont want to take them off because they are not hurting me. I already spent the money on them so that would be pretty much pointless. i would be more than happy to sell them tho.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
q8stang
3rd Gear Member

i would be more than happy to buy them
Old 10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: q8stang

i would be more than happy to buy them
Hi q8stang,

The next thing he will be telling us is that the the top quality CAI kits and tuners don't work. LOL! Maybe friction and parasitic losses don't exist and rotational mass doesn't matter either.

Cheers!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

...Maybe friction and parasitic losses don't exist and rotational mass doesn't matter either.
Lies, all lies.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 AM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

...and the internet dyno queen mentality strikes again.

Peak Hp is nice and all... but if you give me the choice between a part that adds 15 offpeak Torque or HP or a part that adds 7 peak, I will take the offpeak 7 times out of 10. I could go out right now, and slap a buncha parts on any car that would make 1000 hp on a dyno. The thing is to do that, most times, you end up with a car that is very undriveable unless you are in the powerband where the parts make power. The car becomes sluggish and "laggy" until you get to where its making power, and then it goes ape-isht and is harder still to control.

You see this alot with Turbo charged cars... guys who put down 800 hp on the dyno, and yet run a 12 second 1/4 because the car is simply set up for a big number and nothing on the offpeak area. Alot of people are coming around finally, which is why you see alot of Supra guys stepping away from the big single turbo setups and instead going with smaller upgraded twins, and SC's are becoming more and more popular as well.

Personally, I hope you keep your "I wanna high peak dyno number" mentality. I love pulling up next to people like you in a car with alot less peak HP than you, and putting such a holeshot on you that I am thru the traps before you've even hit your powerband.

Dyno's rarely lie. But E.T's and trap speeds say a whole lot more.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

+1 to GT BOB, it's torque that wins the race not the horse power

I was going to get my car dyno'd after putting both the Steeda UDP's and Steeda Billet Delete plates on this weekend, but with all this bickering going on whether you get any gains from just the udp's I will have my car dyno'd after putting the udp's and then again after installing the delete plates.

Right now my car is dyno'd at 276 rwhp and 296rwtq. I will get the actual copy of the dyno results posted for all to compare the results for both installs,

This weekend I will be doing the udp's. I will post results again when the delete plates are installed.
Current mods are a C&L Racer CAI, Sutton HP tune with Xcal 2 tuner, 373 gears and FRPP stingers and this thing rocks right now in my opinion.....
Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
q8stang
3rd Gear Member

i still want to buy them!!

Quick Reply: Is there a difference.?