Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?

Mostly from other mustangs...some will even make u-turns to see what's up. Think it's the hood and intercooler that attracts attention from the front. Others will just make loud noises when pulled up alongside in traffic. I drive pretty slow in traffic and get passed up by most folk on the highway.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:39 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I never get challenged. I think they pull up next to me and see the old guy and say why bother. I wouldn't anyway... I save it for the track. You just don't know what some idiot is going to do. If they screw up you are involved too. Not worth it.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

I was looking at getting the C55 Mercedes, I'm not sure if it was supercharged or not though. I never really looked that much into it. I do know they have a V8 with 362ish HP at the crank and a good bit of torque. My plan was to buy one, slam it, all black with all black rims, tint, tinted tails, and a black mesh grille. What a sleeper that would be. Of course do some engine mods and what not.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 PM
CAL SPC 2007
1st Gear Member

My car is a magnet for freaks. I get the ricer fly-by twice a week.

If I am in the mood sometimes, I will downshift from 3rd to second and nail it. This seems to be when the car demonstrates its most potent, visible flash. Typically they don't try to hang, so I just let off, which I would probably do anyway as I certainly do not need a drag racing ticket on my record.

Sometimes I will see a really poorly done, tired 89-95 GT with the wrong tires, bad wheels, & maybe missing things whose owner thinks he is Carroll Shelby. Sometimes they want to rev and show me how loud their POS is, I just laugh, I can't help it.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I could listen to these type of threads for hours.......
Old 11-04-2007, 12:46 PM
batmobile2005
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

out here nice cars dont exist its all honda hatch backs with 15" exhaust tips as their only mod and I dont even need to punch it to make them look dumb. If I am feeling really mean I will pull up with them after they rev and rev and let em get a taste of a 6000 rpm rev and scare em into taking off when I just roll out into the intersection and make em look dumb.
+10000 hahaha bloody hell do i hate them. those are also some of the cockiest drivers youll ever find on the road, driving with their seat almost all the way reclined
Old 11-04-2007, 02:45 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Even though I am N/A and slow...people dont want any after I rev it up
Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

I just did a post about this a few weeks....Its so annoying that EVERYONEfeels the need to make their ***** feel bigger...(especially at 7a.m)....The funniest is when the ricers come up trying to be all badass and u just toy with them(let them feel like they are catching up then just floor it lol). I personallyhave got everything from ssr's. camaros,trailblazer(supercharged), bmws, benz, vette, trans ams.....The best one was prob the trans amLs6 onroute 295....it was neck and neck the whole time....Surprisingly when I raced the vette(female driver) it lost....bad...
Old 11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: batmobile2005

out here nice cars dont exist its all honda hatch backs with 15" exhaust tips as their only mod and I dont even need to punch it to make them look dumb. If I am feeling really mean I will pull up with them after they rev and rev and let em get a taste of a 6000 rpm rev and scare em into taking off when I just roll out into the intersection and make em look dumb.
+10000 hahaha bloody hell do i hate them. those are also some of the cockiest drivers youll ever find on the road, driving with their seat almost all the way reclined

yea wtf is up with that? sorry but I like to sit back when I drive
Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: batmobile2005

I've been begging my parents to take me to Hawaii... maybe I should reconsider lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone notice more street fights while driving a Mustang?