Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Let The Mods Begin!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Default Let The Mods Begin!!

Okay guys. A begginner here needing some help

First off, what exactly does it mean by "clutch drops" .. i mean i down**** from 3rd to 2nd alot, thats not bad is it?

anyways....

I have $3000 to spend to make this badboy faster. Hit me up with what you would do, and hp numbers. Give details and links is possible. Thanks!

2007 gt - All it has right now is slp loudmouths,20" foose,lowering kit.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Let The Mods Begin!!

Very nice ride! Take that $3000, hold onto it, add 2000 more to it and buy a supercharger...trust me its worth the money...As far as downshifting from third to second, that is not bad as long as you match the revs...engage the clutch, hit the gas to whatever RPMs it takes to match the revs to 2nd gear, disengage the clutch when in 2nd
Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Thanks man. Yea, thats exactly what i do. Thanks for the help
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Gratz on the car man !

you could either save 2K dlls more as 06Saleen3Vsaid, or start with a CaI + Tune, it's the best first mod for a car. Though if you dont mind SC your car save money for it !
Old 11-09-2007, 06:15 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Wait a minute. His supercharged saleen mustang only puts out 301rwhp?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whtcanbrwnd04u

Wait a minute. His supercharged saleen mustang only puts out 301rwhp?
Im not supercharged yet...my buddy is and his car is the best thing I have riden in...I will be getting blown at the beginning or end of summer
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM
BartSimpson
1st Gear Member

Very sharp looking ride! Congrats! I third that suggestion, you should just save up another 2G's to get that supercharger. The supercharger will give you the most bang for your buck and will be significantly more satisfying than almost anything else you can do with 3G's. But, if you still want to be able to use Regular gas instead of premium then I would get a CAI and a tune (that allows for the use of regular gas), some exhaust upgrades (x-pipe cat back, mufflers, maybe headers) and some suspension upgrades (whole section on that somewhere in the forum). Good Luck though and don't forget to show it off to us once you get it done!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Very nice ride! Take that $3000, hold onto it, add 2000 more to it and buy a supercharger...trust me its worth the money...As far as downshifting from third to second, that is not bad as long as you match the revs...engage the clutch, hit the gas to whatever RPMs it takes to match the revs to 2nd gear, disengage the clutch when in 2nd
Thats not quite right. You want put the clutch in, pop out of gear, release the clutch, stab throttle, clutch in & go into lower gear.

Its not good to rev the engine with the clutch in because now the flywheel is going faster then the clutch, and when you release the clutch, it has to speed up to match causing wear. When the clutch is out and you blip throttle (in neutral), the transmission speeds up, so that when the next gear is engaged, its going the same speed as the rest of the driveline.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

First I'd ditch the 20's for 18's....They are purely cosemtic and slow you down. Nice looking ride though, the rims look good but there is a peformance trade off.

If you are going FI, save a few more grand.

If you are staying N/A, see my sig and add long tubes, CMCV's. The rear suspension stuff helps big time.

Best bang for the buck butt dyno mods = CAI+ tune and gears.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Thats not quite right. You want put the clutch in, pop out of gear, release the clutch, stab throttle, clutch in & go into lower gear.

Its not good to rev the engine with the clutch in because now the flywheel is going faster then the clutch, and when you release the clutch, it has to speed up to match causing wear. When the clutch is out and you blip throttle (in neutral), the transmission speeds up, so that when the next gear is engaged, its going the same speed as the rest of the driveline.
We discussed this in a thread a couple weeks ago and others said they did it this way as well...anyways I see what your saying, good to know

Quick Reply: Let The Mods Begin!!