Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New CAI out from Modular Depot!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 PM
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New CAI out from Modular Depot!

More good news guys and gals, I took the stang on a long road trip today (250+ miles) and I picked up 2 MPG!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:16 PM
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mishri

hmm.. on a stock tune mine idles around 2k rpm till it warms a bit.. and the cpu may realize that it needs to be at a certain rpm at a certain temp in order to maintain air/fuel ratio w/o having problems still going (which may have to do with timing or colder air is more dense.. although it seems it would be better to have more dense air.. like a s/c :P ) dunno what im talking about though so.....
You lost me at hmm..[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 12-30-2007, 12:20 AM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mishri

hmm.. on a stock tune mine idles around 2k rpm till it warms a bit.. and the cpu may realize that it needs to be at a certain rpm at a certain temp in order to maintain air/fuel ratio w/o having problems still going (which may have to do with timing or colder air is more dense.. although it seems it would be better to have more dense air.. like a s/c :P ) dunno what im talking about though so.....
Its kinda the same idea as the old school choke on a carb. More fuel is dumped into the cylinder because at lower temps fuel does not atomize as well as when it's warm. The Idle speed is increased to help the cat's and the engine to reach operating temp faster, and there by making the exhaust cleaner faster. It has nothing to do with maintaining proper AFR's.. in fact, it's exactly the opposite. It's pig rich during start up under these conditions.

... that being said, I'm not sure exactly what this hasta do with the price of rice in china..
Old 04-12-2008, 11:05 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I'm still on the fence about changing out my C&L Street version to one of these. I like the look of this one better but has anyone out there compared the Modular Depot unit to another brand beforehand? I've got a dynoday at my tuners coming up 2 weeks from today so if I'm gonna order one it's gotta be soon.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:00 AM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

I went from a C&L to this one, and don't have a single regret except ever buying the C&L in the first place. I did a pretty good comparision write up between them in the thread that is linked earlier in this post. Hop over to it and check it out. Any further questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or email.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:16 PM
davisda1

[:@][:@][:@][:@]
I am disappointed in Modular Depot. I was excited about getting Ken's tune with the new CAI. When I ordered the MD-CAI I knew they were backed up, but after a month I called them and they hadn't even shipped it. So they shipped it out and then I have been on the road for the past couple of months and haven't got a chance to put it on.
So after getting change to work on it, and after taking the stock one out, I went to put in the MD-CAI and the MFA sensorscrew holes do not line up. You can see where someone started to drill the hole in the correct place but stopped and move to the wrong alignment. Needles to say I was Pi**D.
I have called MD 2 times today and was told they would have to reseach it and call back. Ihaven't heard anything more today.
Has anyone had this experience with MD and their CAI?

Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Give Ken a chance to make things right. He's a very stand up guy and will if you give him a chance. However, racing season has started so he's going to be busy, so it might take him a day or two to figure things out..
Old 05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
davisda1

I called them not long after I put up my last post and Ken agreed to send me another pipe if I agreed to send in the one I had. I had no problem with that and both shipments were 2ed Day Air.
I just got my new pipe in today around 1:30 pm and it's in and the car with the tune and it all runs fine. No problem. It has a lot better throttle response and gets to 4000 rpm in no time. I love it. It even makes the Corsa axle backs sound better.

I would like to state that I never got the feeling ever, with anyone at MD that I was getting the run around when I we calling them.
I just had to be persistent. I know it's racing season and they are busy.
I think they are doing the best job they can and it is probably the best job as far as tunes go but you have to be patient with them. If your patient they you will get the best tune out there.

Thanks Modular Depot for making it right.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:56 PM
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I had some issues and I have to say MD's customer service is top notch. They were very attentive and helped me out a lot. Eventually I changed out from the MD CAI because I have other plans for the car but I would still highly recommend Modular Depot.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:12 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

I'm not liking the way that looks at all. I'll stick with my CnL

Quick Reply: New CAI out from Modular Depot!