Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lethal Whipple group buy: update?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lethal Whipple group buy: update?

Thank you Jared.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

haHA! GOTEM...this is true. Lethal is busy right now, I'm sure they will take care of you guys, give em a few days
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: catalac

I'd say you can pretty much call this one dead.Group buys don't work to well when you have an extended purchase period. What advantage is there for the vendor if the deal can run for 6 months. It should be set up for a week or 2 max to commit and put down the cash with a confidentially clause. I bet the Saleen buy is in the same boat.

Thank you for posting as well as the original person who started this thread.

Just like you mentioned a group buy of this type isn't very easy to put together. There are several things that come into play which effect this thing as a whole.

(1) Is the fact that Whipple has MAP pricing. As a Whipple dealer none the less Whipple's Largest US Distributor I have to adhere to all of their rules in regards to pricing. Most Whipple dealers such as my self already sell these kits at MAP which is the current everyday price you see on my site as well as others. So when I put a group buy together everyone needs to understand I'm not going to post pricing. That would be unfair to myself and all the other Whipple dealers who play by the same rules.

(2) Time- You nailed it right on the head when you mentioned about the timeframe for this Group buy to be run. There was a very good turnout of people who wanted these kits. That's truly amazing that there was over 30 people interested however half of them were not looking to purchase until April-May of next year. I cannot put myself out like that and keep a group buy open that long. I sell these kits everyday at the price we ask with no problem so it would be stupid for me to run a sale for 6 months on my best selling product.

However,

I'll be more than happy to put this together this week. Like I said though I will not be advertising pricing under MAP. The customers interested will have to call in and get the price. If someone comes on here and posts that pricing the group buy will end and I will not go through with the rest of the deal. I'm not asking too much and I hope that everyone respects that. I will most likely only honor this deal through the end of this year. If after that timeframe someone feels they missed out there's nothing stopping them from calling us direct to see what we can do for them. If anyone here has ever dealt with us they know we're always trying to do our best to earn you business with competitive pricing as well as excellent customer service.

So with that said I will post up when I'm ready to start taking calls and we can get a list going then.

Thanks for all of your support and patience guys. Jared

Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

ORIGINAL: blownperformance

.........................................I am a whipple dealer
And you're also not a paying/supporting vendor here as well so would you be so kind to remove your posts before I have a moderator do it for you. Thanks
PWNED ! lol

lethalperformance FTW !! I always look there first for anything I want to buy for the car
Old 11-20-2007, 08:55 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Jared,

Thanks for your reply to my question. Also, thank you for the insight into what doing a group buy entails. I've never been a part of anything like that, so it is illuminating to know what is required by all involved. While I may not end up being able to do the group buy due to time constraints, either way I will be giving you a call around April for that Whipple. Your prices and good reputation around these parts makeyou the natural choice for what I'm looking to buy.

Thanks again!

David
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: RF2.1

Jared,

Thanks for your reply to my question. Also, thank you for the insight into what doing a group buy entails. I've never been a part of anything like that, so it is illuminating to know what is required by all involved. While I may not end up being able to do the group buy due to time constraints, either way I will be giving you a call around April for that Whipple. Your prices and good reputation around these parts makeyou the natural choice for what I'm looking to buy.

Thanks again!

David
Thanks David! We appreciate the support. Like I said don't worry about not being able to do the group buy now as we're not going anywhere and neither is Whipple. So when it's time to order up just give me a shout and I'll do my best to earn your business. Thanks, Jared

Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

lethalperformance is a great company w/ great customer service, i have ordered 3-4 things from them and my experience w/ them has been A+. i also have e-mailed questions to them and Jared has answered me within 15-20 minutes which is super fast IMO. i wish i had the money right now to get a whipple, but i'll have to wait to next year some time.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

hammeron, now you are just playing with my emotions. i better start hustling for some $$ so i can get that whipple soon! btw does the whipple fit under the stock hood?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Hammeron, you tease Did you ArmorAll your coolant resevoir and fuse box?

Quick Reply: Lethal Whipple group buy: update?