Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Line Locks and install kit. Which brand???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Line Locks and install kit. Which brand???

ORIGINAL: ebr

Does anyone other than me have the Motoblue kit its a single kit but easy and works well.
I won't buy anything from RPM outlet.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

Here is a pic from granatelli's web site, I use the same line locks and it has plenty of room without hitting the intercooler hoses. I would have sent you a pic of mine but 2 things have to happen,
1. Finish my coffee
2. Wash the engine compartment before I take any pictures of it, ( I know how you guys are).
If you want to see a different angle, I will be willing to do a close up from the top down view, just let me know.

I personally went with granatelli motor sports because it's a dual silenoid system, not just 1.

How well does this kit Fi with a CAI mounting in the same area????? I have a C&L CAI
I have the C&L CAI and the new lines will interfere with the heat shield. There are two solutions. You can remove the heat shield, or you can do what I did, use flex brake lines in place of the solid brake lines and route then below the heat shield. Used them several times with no issues.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:19 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

Here is a pic from granatelli's web site, I use the same line locks and it has plenty of room without hitting the intercooler hoses. I would have sent you a pic of mine but 2 things have to happen,
1. Finish my coffee
2. Wash the engine compartment before I take any pictures of it, ( I know how you guys are).
If you want to see a different angle, I will be willing to do a close up from the top down view, just let me know.

I personally went with granatelli motor sports because it's a dual silenoid system, not just 1.

How well does this kit Fi with a CAI mounting in the same area????? I have a C&L CAI
I have the C&L CAI and the new lines will interfere with the heat shield. There are two solutions. You can remove the heat shield, or you can do what I did, use flex brake lines in place of the solid brake lines and route then below the heat shield. Used them several times with no issues.
I see you too are from New Orleans. Where did you get your braided brake lines for your car to go with the Line lock kit? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

TASSY5
Old 11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

OK Jegs has the duel Granitelli tire fryer kit for $242.00 Is there any other parts i need to buy besides some braided brake lines to re route from my CAI AREA??
Old 11-24-2007, 10:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

242!! I swear you can get it for like 170

Nevermind...that must have been the price i saw in a for sale section a while ago...you can probably get it a little cheaper but not be much
Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...8_-1_11247here is the link from Jegs

where can i get if for $170 ????
Old 11-24-2007, 10:32 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

this is the kit showing it installed
Old 11-25-2007, 02:53 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

My intercooler piping comes right through the middle of the GMS kit.

I don't have my car right now so I can't go out and look at it to see. I want to say my 06' looks little different than your 07'.

I think I'llbe going with the PMP kit. I read up on it at there website and saw you needed to by two solanoids from Summit or Jegs for $35 each. Total cost of kit is around $100 if I remeber correctly. Maybe some wiring also.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

I will be picking up a kit in the spring looks like granetelli(ugh) or pmp which is not complete which I am not a fan of. There has to be some better choices out there.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Years ago when I ran a Fox body I had the Hurst Roll controll system on it. It was fine for the job and never gave me a problem, but install was a pain because of having to fab lines for hook up.
As for the PMP, yes Jegs silinoids are cheap at $35 bucks but then you have to piece everything else together. The Granitell Tire Fryer system seems to be a complete << system and Obviously since I have a CAI I will have to buy some Braided lines to reroute the system since the solid lines will be harder to do. I just want a Good system and yet a complete system out the box with not figiting around for parts to make the system work. It isbad enough Iwill have to get braidel lines fo some of the application but i guess it will give it a more attractive appearence when installed.

ANY>>>Opinions on the Granitelli system from youwizards is appreciated, if you have they system and can give straight facts on the install and quality.

Quick Reply: Line Locks and install kit. Which brand???