Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Driveshaft or New Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Driveshaft or New Suspension?

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: ratnacage

Close vote. I'm asking a similar question. I'm torn between the shaft and a k-member
You are debating between a $500 piece and a $115 piece...decide how much you are willing to spend and that will make your decision

hmm, $615 then I guess? Actually, I'm also needing some more tuning, plus the labor, alignment, it all adds up. I thought k-members were more like $250?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Close vote. I'm asking a similar question. I'm torn between the shaft and a k-member
You are debating between a $500 piece and a $115 piece...decide how much you are willing to spend and that will make your decision

hmm, $615 then I guess? Actually, I'm also needing some more tuning, plus the labor, alignment, it all adds up. I thought k-members were more like $250?
They are actually under $100 http://www.cheperformance.com/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=176&cid=15
Old 11-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I have roughly $500 for the holidays to spend on either new suspension parts (LCA's, UCA, panhard, etc) or the Spydershaft. What do you guys think?

Please vote and add any insight possible, thanks gents!
I've done both and I voted Spydershaft. My advice is to save up a few more pennies and get the spydershaft along with a set of BMR LCAs. Replacing the UCA is worthless in my opinion, but I'm sure others will tell you differently.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Well guys I am torn right now as the votes are pretty even...this sucks haha...both mods are great so this is a very tough decision for me
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

pick one now and one later.... problem solved.....

but suspension first IMO
Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Id buy new gears.
I would only upgrade suspension as you need it.
I have stock suspension and get 1.60 60' times consistently.
If I had upgraded my suspension first it would have been a waste of money.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:51 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Id buy new gears.
I would only upgrade suspension as you need it.
I have stock suspension and get 1.60 60' times consistently.
If I had upgraded my suspension first it would have been a waste of money.
I already have 3:73's...I am leaning towards the D/S right now...while there are more votes for the suspension upgrades, more people are explaining why the D/S would be a better decision for now
Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

They are actually under $100 http://www.cheperformance.com/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=176&cid=15
That is a k-member brace.I believe you are talking about this. It's from BMR and is about $500
http://bmrfabrication.com/05Mustang/KM010.jpg
Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Go suspension first. If your going to boost then you'll want it. My car felt much faster after the suspension work.I was able to launchbetter and had less wheel hop. If your boosting soon you may want to take some of that money you'll save on suspensioon over the DS and work on stopping the car. Maybe some break upgrades.Just my 2 cents.

I did the DS with my KB so I couldn't tell you what kind of difference it made.

Ratnacage is talking about the K-member ($500) and not a K-memeber brace. Nice addition, was thinking about that before the new engine goes in!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I've found that the only suspension upgrade that made a significant difference for me was LCAs. Removing the front swaybar also made a significant difference, but it seems your interested in all around performance, and a swaybar delete is a strictly straight line mod. I still say do the driveshaft first, and make LCAs your next mod. They're fairly inexpensive so it shouldn't take too long to find room in your budget.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft or New Suspension?