Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed vs BamaChips Review (auto trans)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Brenspeed vs BamaChips Review (auto trans)

ORIGINAL: Cjack2005

Not trying to be a butthead, but we have seen all this type of post before.(see brenspeed vs evolution)
The truth is the top tuners all make very capable tunes. Unless there is a drastic difference at the track with the same car/same day and different tunes these posts are all personal opinion based on feel.

So to me it is a much better post as.... installed Bama race tune and the car seems to be running great. I just dont see the need to show a sponsor of the website in a inferior position without any true data.

Hope I havent offended anyone by saying this. But I cant see any benefit of posts like this.
He never put down brenspeed at all, he just stated that he liked the Bama tune better.....i suppose we should never post anymore C&L vs JLT Vs steeda CAI threads either since they are all the same its and just personal opnion based on feel. He is just stating the differences between the two which will help people decide who they might order from, no harm in that, its what the forums are for, to help people decide on things.

I have ran Brenspeed and Bama both and all the tunes are great. I like have the three options from doug and I run his race and torq tune almost all the time. I do run the brenspeed for a change once and a while also.

Also, there timing/spark/etc are changed for each tune...I think having more overlap in valve timing creates torq so this is what you would want down low, and the reverse for higher RPMs to get more power. There are many little settings that can be played with i am sure to achieve the different tunes.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Not trying to be a butthead, but we have seen all this type of post before.(see brenspeed vs evolution)
The truth is the top tuners all make very capable tunes. Unless there is a drastic difference at the track with the same car/same day and different tunes these posts are all personal opinion based on feel.

So to me it is a much better post as.... installed Bama race tune and the car seems to be running great. I just dont see the need to show a sponsor of the website in a inferior position without any true data.

Hope I havent offended anyone by saying this. But I cant see any benefit of posts like this.
Forums like this are NOTHING without user feedback and opinions. Just my humble opinion. I've said repeatedly that my opinions here are from the butt dyno and out of personal experience, and to take them at face value, etc etc. I have not said anything negative of Brenspeed whatsoever, other than to say that I liked the Bama tune better. In fact I stated that I had liked the Brenspeed tune and that they were a reputable company. If this type of objective discussion is not allowed, then why the hell are we all here?

And based on your logic, the only feedback that counts is track data. Well heres a conflicting opinion, the various tunes do in fact FEEL different, because they ARE different. This is valid feedback to a potential buyer. The fact that the Brenspeed tune shifted very hard and chirped the tires between shifts vs the Bama which does not, is valuable feedback to someone trying to buy a canned tune off the web in my opinion. I have never, and will never care about track #s. What I care about is how fun the car is to drive for me. And when I go in search of information, I want to know what people really think, not what their reaction time yielded on any given day in a variety of weather conditions. I'm done, just my $.02.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
tom281
2nd Gear Member

The point being that track numbers and/or dyno numbers are much more accurate than how it "feels" to you. How it "feels" to you may not be how it "feels" to someone else.

You are correct about forums being about feedback and opinions..... however making facts part of the experience is more important than spreading opinions, which is what the forums should be about.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Cjack2005

I think maybe I was taken out of context. I dont have any problem with someone reviewing a tune, part ect. I just think that a thread of BRAND X vs BRAND Y without any factual data doesnt accomplish anything.
I too have used several different tunes. I think that Brent, Justin, Fred and Doug all make good tunes, and yes they all feel a little different. Some folks like hard shift points some dont, some prefer low end torque and some prefer high end HP. It is all subjective.
I do understand the TS did not say anything negative I just feel that the thread title is misleading esp when a sponsor is named.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tom281

The point being that track numbers and/or dyno numbers are much more accurate than how it "feels" to you. How it "feels" to you may not be how it "feels" to someone else.

You are correct about forums being about feedback and opinions..... however making facts part of the experience is more important than spreading opinions, which is what the forums should be about.
To your first point, I think that much is fairly obvious, don't you?
To the second point, that is YOUR opinion, which is no more or less valid than mine.

I'm sorry I posted in the first place, you guys are clearly perfect in your forum etiquette and I bow to your superior posting and filtering skills. We should all be so lucky as to read a forum as boring as the two of you describe. Yeah, that was sarcasm.

You guys both have Brenspeed tuned cars, right? I'd be willing to bet a dollar that neither of you would have had a thing to say if I had preferred the Brenspeed tune over the Bama tune.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:00 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Just have to throw my opinion in here......I can't give you facts and figures, but I can tell you about my experience with Bama tunes......and that is this. Doug knows his game. I wouldn't trade my Bama tunes for any other tunes out there.......now a Whipple? We might be able to do some talking there......
Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

This is/was a great thead. I love the feedback that has been given here. No there is no fact to back it up but the OP did state it was the way he felt and really that is all that matters.
Yes the BIG tuners are all close but some have different tastes so to you mudflap Dougs worked out best and I commend you for letting us all know.
We so often hear how great a CAI and tune combo is when a buyer first gets it but has no other experience to back it up.
Thanks for the opinions.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: howarmat

He never put down brenspeed at all, he just stated that he liked the Bama tune better.....i suppose we should never post anymore C&L vs JLT Vs steeda CAI threads either since they are all the same its and just personal opnion based on feel. He is just stating the differences between the two which will help people decide who they might order from, no harm in that, its what the forums are for, to help people decide on things.

I have ran Brenspeed and Bama both and all the tunes are great. I like have the three options from doug and I run his race and torq tune almost all the time. I do run the brenspeed for a change once and a while also.

Also, there timing/spark/etc are changed for each tune...I think having more overlap in valve timing creates torq so this is what you would want down low, and the reverse for higher RPMs to get more power. There are many little settings that can be played with i am sure to achieve the different tunes.
Forgot about a big point howarmat. Ba ma upgrades his tunes for free if you install anything. And brent chargers for a tune change and tells you it is not required on most things. I know of a person that installed LT's and he told him the tune wasn't really needed. You gotta buy the things from him to receive the free update unlike with ba.ma. As you well know sometimes you see some prices that are too good to ignore.

Andrew
Old 11-26-2007, 11:57 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Forgot about a big point howarmat. Ba ma upgrades his tunes for free if you install anything. And brent chargers for a tune change and tells you it is not required on most things. I know of a person that installed LT's and he told him the tune wasn't really needed. You gotta buy the things from him to receive the free update unlike with ba.ma. As you well know sometimes you see some prices that are too good to ignore.

Andrew
+1 I forgot about that...

Quick Reply: Brenspeed vs BamaChips Review (auto trans)