Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

finally decided on an exhaust setup-ordering Dec. 14th

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default RE: finally decided on an exhaust setup-ordering Dec. 14th

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT
offroad h pipe and steeda axlebacks.my friend has this setup, and it just sounds so ****ing good. its incredibly, unabashedly intimidating. its super deep and quite loud, but does not sound blatty at WOT. it has a very good tone to it, and unlike the borlas, maintain a slight metallic edge which i find so gratifying.
AmMus4.6GT - Can you install the Steeda axle-backs first and get a sound clip with the stock catted h-pipe? I am considering the Steeda alxe-backs and there is no sound clip on your ultimate exhaust thread. Then take another sound clip with the o/r h-pipe.

If you could get idle, normal acceleration, and WOT from both inside/outside the car - that would be great!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

onderful, if anyone provides me with suitable clips, i just might change my mind
i could give u my sound clip, but then u gotta get LT's too.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

onderful, if anyone provides me with suitable clips, i just might change my mind
i could give u my sound clip, but then u gotta get LT's too.

lol so far no clips with just the axlebacks.

jdmcbride, ill see what i can do....

Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

You ARE the exhaust GURU!

Thanks,
Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 PM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

offroad h pipe and steeda axlebacks.my friend has this setup, and it just sounds so ****ing good. its incredibly, unabashedly intimidating. its super deep and quite loud, but does not sound blatty at WOT. it has a very good tone to it, and unlike the borlas, maintain a slight metallic edge which i find so gratifying.

ordering them december 14th[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]

does brenspeed's 93 octane tune already have the 02 sensors turned off? how much do you think it will be for install?

Do you think the Steeda Axlebacks will sound good with a prochamber? How does it sound at idle? (the frpps i heard were silent at idle and startup)
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Grabber07Orange
2nd Gear Member

nice, congrats... maybe u should consider the LM's with the o/r h??? haha jk, that's what i have and i know everyone on here hates that setup but i love it
Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rdiaz89

ordering them december 14th[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]

does brenspeed's 93 octane tune already have the 02 sensors turned off? how much do you think it will be for install?

Do you think the Steeda Axlebacks will sound good with a prochamber? How does it sound at idle? (the frpps i heard were silent at idle and startup)

i think it will sound fantastic with a prochamber. its a very deep rumble, with a metallic edge to it that gives it tone. at idle they have some real volume to them, which i LOVE
Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i'm excited to hear these steeda axlebacks with off road H..i know there are videos already but all videos sound different...I'd love to hear them with a prochamber ...i assume you can find videos on youtube by looking for a steeda if you want to hear just the axleback. As for the prochamber with frpp, i have the borla's and it's not that quiet at idle, if its sitting idle for 10 minutes warming up it has a deep mean tone to it, but it's definitely not quiet lol. Once you start moving the prochamber and stingers really scream. I set off car alarms on EVERY block when i drive by. The exhaust is so deep the rumble sets them off as i go to make a turn
Old 11-29-2007, 01:27 PM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

PIGGYSMALLZi think i will go with a catted prochamber (add hi flo cats myself) i live in california and i am 18 years old so i cannot risk any fines or what not! i currently have flowmaster 40s (i dunno whether i should try the catted prochamber with it, to see how it sounds or just get the steeda axlebacks, and add prochamber? Any opinions?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

PIGGYSMALLZi think i will go with a catted prochamber (add hi flo cats myself) i live in california and i am 18 years old so i cannot risk any fines or what not! i currently have flowmaster 40s (i dunno whether i should try the catted prochamber with it, to see how it sounds or just get the steeda axlebacks, and add prochamber? Any opinions?
Theres a video of an 05' with the 40's on it with I believe a Bassani O/R X and it sounds sooooooooo badass. I know you want to pass emmisions and there are ways around it without cats. Im at school right now and dont have access to youtube...I will send the link later.

Quick Reply: finally decided on an exhaust setup-ordering Dec. 14th