Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What Bolt-Ons Would You Suggest To Buy Next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Default What Bolt-Ons Would You Suggest To Buy Next?

Not anytime soon, but say a couple years down the road I plan on getting a Saleen or Kenne Bell Supercharger installed.

But, in the meantime I'm N/A, what performance mods would you suggest adding next to my car?

Some ideas I have been thinking about are:

1) Torque Converter (TCI Super Streetfighter, P.I. Stallion, Level 10 Stage 3)

2) Steeda Charge Motion Control Delete Plates (economy or billet) (worth it or a waste?)

3) Steeda UDP's (again, worth it or a waste?)
(I have NO plan of adding ANY additional battery/amp hungry subwoofers, in-dash tv's or other electronic bs in my car)

4) ARH or Kooks Long Tube Headers with Catted X-Pipe (not sure what size, 1-3/4 or 1-5/8?)

5) Suspension (Steeda Front Swaybar & Steeda Rear Heavy Duty Swaybar, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts)

6.) Electric Water Pump (who makes it & where would I even buy one at?) (also, worth it or a waste?)

Please give me any suggestions and/or comments.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What Bolt-Ons Would You Suggest To Buy Next?

#5 looks like a winner to me
Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I'd go with suspension too!!! Very important
Old 12-01-2007, 08:43 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Suspension. Makes a world of difference.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtmike

Not anytime soon, but say a couple years down the road I plan on getting a Saleen or Kenne Bell Supercharger installed.

But, in the meantime I'm N/A, what performance mods would you suggest adding next to my car?

Some ideas I have been thinking about are:

1) Torque Converter (TCI Super Streetfighter, P.I. Stallion, Level 10 Stage 3)

2) Steeda Charge Motion Control Delete Plates (economy or billet) (worth it or a waste?)

3) Steeda UDP's (again, worth it or a waste?)
(I have NO plan of adding ANY additional battery/amp hungry subwoofers, in-dash tv's or other electronic bs in my car)

4) ARH or Kooks Long Tube Headers with Catted X-Pipe (not sure what size, 1-3/4 or 1-5/8?)

5) Suspension (Steeda Front Swaybar & Steeda Rear Heavy Duty Swaybar, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts)

6.) Electric Water Pump (who makes it & where would I even buy one at?) (also, worth it or a waste?)

Please give me any suggestions and/or comments.
1) Dunno, Maybe some performance minded auto owners can chime in here.
2) Don't. The installation of your twin screw will replace these.
3) Don't. The KB belt system replies on the stock pullies
4) I haven't done these yet but when I do it will be 1 3/4" primaries. However - I would not put these on before the S/C as 1 3/4" primaries will probably hurt your N/A performance.
5) Coolness.
6) No.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

No question, #5 !
Old 12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

I agree with the Suspension thumbs up. A few thougts for you though: If you haven't already done so go over the the v8 Handling Section and read up. There are strong recommendations that you don't get the front sway bar, rear - yes but not the front unless its fully adjustable. The stocker is too stiff as is. Also note that with the Eibach Pro it will drop your car enough to need more items to bring the suspension geometry back to spec (assuming you want a great handling car): camber adjustment (plates or camber bolts); Adjustable pan hard bar, adjustable lower or upper control arm (to reset pinon angle); probably a bump steer kit on the front or other parts to reset the front geometry.

Right now I'm putting in the Eibach Pro and D-specs - I want a very good handling car and thus I'm finding this to be an expensive proposition, count on about 1500 - 2K to do it right.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

I already have the Steeda 555-4106 Adjustable Competition Upper Control Arm and 555-4422 Steeda Chrome Moly Steel Lower Control Arms installed.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

You already have upper and lower control arms, which are the most critical suspension upgrades.

Why not start saving for the supercharger?

If your ultimate goal was to stay naturally asiprated, then I could understand picking through the bolt ons. Otherwise, why bother?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Suspension mods are a plus, I would take the money that you would spend on headers and apply it toward a S/C fund, the cars breathe really well with the exhaust it comes with. I have the electric water pump with my Saleen S/C, nice if you go to the track. Also a fund for some big sticky tires if you go S/C.

Quick Reply: What Bolt-Ons Would You Suggest To Buy Next?