Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

B&M manual shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Slink
1st Gear Member

Default RE: B&M manual shifter

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

I swear to god I'm going to pistolwhip the next person that say MGW in a thread having nothing to do with MGW.

I will never buy an MGW shifter now, because the word annoys me too much. We get it. It's a great shifter. But some people like the notchiness and retro look of other shifters. I thought eventually I might try the MGW on one of mine, just for kicks. But not now. Unless the thread asks for which shifter is recommended, I don't want to hear about MGW.
Yeah well it pisses us (the guys who own MGW) off just as badly when someone posts asking about the MGW and the thread is utterly polluted with useless posts about the Hurt and Triax and Pro 5.0 and all the other **** out there.

Deal with it.

MGW FTW!! LOL
Old 12-19-2007, 12:52 PM
iwannagofast
2nd Gear Member

+1
Old 12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Slink
1st Gear Member

Subzero05,

I sent you a PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I swear to god I'm going to pistolwhip the next person that say MGW in a thread having nothing to do with MGW.

I will never buy an MGW shifter now, because the word annoys me too much. We get it. It's a great shifter. But some people like the notchiness and retro look of other shifters. I thought eventually I might try the MGW on one of mine, just for kicks. But not now. Unless the thread asks for which shifter is recommended, I don't want to hear about MGW.
AMEN!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:08 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Yeah well it pisses us (the guys who own MGW) off just as badly when someone posts asking about the MGW and the thread is utterly polluted with useless posts about the Hurt and Triax and Pro 5.0 and all the other **** out there.

Deal with it.

MGW FTW!! LOL
When someone asks a question about MGW, there usually are not replies saying "Hurst FTW or Why not just get a Hurst?" and that's what i'm addressing. Yes, everybody campaigns for what they have. But it's quite annoying when it's completely unsolicited. This guy was looking for reviews of the B&M shifter. Never once did he ask opinions of other shifters.

I'm not going to discuss this further. I've said my piece and am moving on. Let's let this thread continue as was intended... as a B&M review post.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

DarkFireGT.....................

[sm=thanx.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=exactly.gif] [sm=youreright.gif]
Old 12-19-2007, 11:58 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

DarkFireGT.....................

[sm=thanx.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=exactly.gif] [sm=youreright.gif]
I'm not saying he's not right, I was simply making the point that we put up with the same thing.

We just don't cry about it.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:50 AM
doctorj77
2nd Gear Member

Slink, I bought a B&M about a year ago. I like it. I've tried a few other brands, in other cars, and really couldn't notice any gains over the B&M. It will keep your stock shift handle. The arm actually raises it about .5 to 1 in. You won't be dissapointed in it. I'm actually thinking about selling mine cause I want to go for the retro Hurst look myself.

A point to remember is, all shifters for our cars are connected to a linkage arm, that connects to the trans. The 99-04 shifters bolt directly into the trans. Soa key aspect, for our cars is the pivot bearing, meaingin how many degrees it reduces the throw. One brand says 20%, another 30%, another 40%. Will you really notice a 10% increase?

Anything is better than stock. IMHO the benefitsbetween aftermarket ones, are negligible at best. Its really about the looks and the best deal you can get.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Slink
1st Gear Member

doctorj77,

Thanks for the review. I have actually ordered one and look forward to getting it installed.

I think it will satisfy my needs. I don't plan on drag racing, so I am not worried about the 2nd to 3rd shift. I just want something better than the stock shifter.

Quick Reply: B&M manual shifter