Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I just ordered Pypes Mid-Muffler Woo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:06 AM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

Default I just ordered Pypes Mid-Muffler Woo!

Last night I Ordered the Pypes mid-muffler system from http://www.lethalperformance.com/ $284.05 Shipped and from the sound clips Ive heard (thanks to great members at mustangforums.com) that price is a steal

It was between this or the FRPP stingers... I hope I made the right choice!

Anyways, I live in Ontario Canada, so I sent the system to a realative in Michigan, If all goes well I should have it by next week! Wooo, im pumped.

I guess I should make a sig, but I have a 2006 GT vert, 5spd. My car is parked for the winter, but what better time to have it in the air installing mods? [sm=gears.gif]
Old 12-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Grabber07Orange
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I just ordered Pypes Mid-Muffler Woo!

u made the second best decision

haha, jk congats, it'll sound awesome
Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NewmanGT

Last night I Just Order the Pypes mid-muffler system from http://www.lethalperformance.com/

My car is parked for the winter, but what better time to have it in

Ive been eyeballin that set up for awhile now. Right now, I have flows and may switch to the mid muffler system sometime. Also, get that pony out of the garage and go push some snow!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Good choice,

Great price,

Be patient with the install, pypes doesn't have the best quality, but a hammer and a welding torch can fix that.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
blm1278
1st Gear Member

I just switched to the Pypes mid mufflers this weekend, I had the Flowmaster A/T before. The quality of the pypes system in my opinion is better than that of the Flowmasters. I could never get my A/Ts oriented correctly and the clamps that Flowmaster sent with the kit were total crap. The Pypes system went right in and all I needed to do was slightly bend one of the hanger rods on the axel back pipes to get everything aligned. The trick is to leave all the clamps lose so you can twist all the pipes to get your tips centered in the rear bumper cut-outs. The sounds of the Pypes makes it well worth the switch IMHO.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blm1278

I just switched to the Pypes mid mufflers this weekend, I had the Flowmaster A/T before. The quality of the pypes system in my opinion is better than that of the Flowmasters. I could never get my A/Ts oriented correctly and the clamps that Flowmaster sent with the kit were total crap. The Pypes system went right in and all I needed to do was slightly bend one of the hanger rods on the axel back pipes to get everything aligned. The trick is to leave all the clamps lose so you can twist all the pipes to get your tips centered in the rear bumper cut-outs. The sounds of the Pypes makes it well worth the switch IMHO.
I too thought the system fit pretty good. Getting the tips aligned is tricky because of all the extra pieces. I would recommend working with one connection loose at a time though. I had to loosen my drivers side clamp behind the axle and push up at the connection while tightening it to get the tip to come down some. I ended up bending the passenger side hanger, but I really think it could have worked without bending had I had more patience.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:00 PM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the tips guys,

I probably wont be installing these untill next week, but man am I excited to hear my baby purr , this is my first mod... and hopfully my last. The car is fast enough for me... ... for now..
Old 12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UrS4

Good choice,

Great price,

Be patient with the install, pypes doesn't have the best quality, but a hammer and a welding torch can fix that.
+1

my pypes made the most god awful rattle throughout the car, unbearable (i almost cried), but it ended up going away on its own. i still hear it a bit around 90+mph, but its basically all good! pypes make good sound and power!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Any buddy have any A** end pics of your car with this kit on there i want to see what the tips look like! Thanks!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

No promises but ill try to take as many install pictures as possible, Ive read a LOT of great write ups on here. Tacobill in particular has some fantasic write ups.

If I do a write up I wouldnt have it ready for at least 2 weeks +

WOooooooooooooo, im gettin excited and I dont even have them yet.

Quick Reply: I just ordered Pypes Mid-Muffler Woo!