MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/386561-turbo-twinscrew-centrifugal.html)

blackS197 12-27-2007 11:45 AM

Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal?

Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal? Which one do you want?

hypersurf1 12-27-2007 12:34 PM

RE: Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal?

Depends on what you want. If you want lots of low end torque get the twin screw. If you want power that builds linear to a crazy top end get a Centri. If you want the whistling sound with lots of power go turbo. The centri and turbo are about same in price, the twin screw is about a grand more.

forensicsteve 12-27-2007 12:36 PM

Almost impossible to answer. Unless the poster has triedone of each on the same car with the same setup...how would you know? It's mostly down to bias. Most everybodyis convincedtheir particular choice of FI is the best choice, even though they have no personal experiencewith another brand or mode of FI.

Dex 12-27-2007 12:40 PM

Almost impossible to answer. Unless the poster has triedone of each on the same car with the same setup...how would you know? It's mostly down to bias. Most everybodyis convincedtheir particular choice of FI is the best choice, even though they have no personal experiencewith another brand or mode of FI.
So true...

06Saleen3V 12-27-2007 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Dex

So true...
Couldnt have said it better myself. Do you think someone who drops $4-6 grand on a turbo setup is gonna give a rats ass about a centri or twinscrew? No, because they are pleased with the power increase and they wouldnt have it any other way

MexGT 12-27-2007 02:00 PM

:eek: But TS´s are better because of this...and that .... and blah blah ....:eek:

LOL Joking :D

Dex 12-27-2007 02:06 PM

lol

hammeron 12-27-2007 07:58 PM

turbos are more efficient

wadman 12-27-2007 08:46 PM

I will tell you like it is. Turbo sucks on the street. Sure it is efficient, but the window of power is way to small. My Hellion kit is coming off monday. I ordered everything Zex had for my car. I thought maybe something was wrong with my kit till I spent about $300 on different dynos. Everybody said it ran like it was supposed to. I would highly suggest that unless you only want to run at the strip to stay away from turbo. Negatives are... Cant lower the car with out draging the ground."2"inches clearance" Cant hardly get to the oil filter... Way too quiet. Too much under hood heat. Positives are ? Maybe I looked over one.

hammeron 12-27-2007 09:17 PM

well if you ever do come back
to the boost club, drinks are on me