Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

superchargers on our 3V 4.6L / PSI/ and rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: superchargers on our 3V 4.6L / PSI/ and rwhp?

Vortech HO / 428rwhp / 8.11psi -tuned on a mustang dyno

[IMG]local://upfiles/50057/8360107B7587432B807AF5B38DFADCC9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Saleen Series VI 8 lb PSI: 422 rwhp 416 torque..on an auto...custom Tune by Justin at VMP.... other mods include Kooks Headers into catted x pipe etc. never been to the track myself. almost 10000 miles without any issue...will be replacing the Torque converter soon, along with fuel pump upgrade and then 10psi pulley....as well as a retune by Justin....
Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

Brenspeeds stage 3 saleen package 8 psi of boost 428 rwhp and 409 torq. check his sight his prices are gr8 and customer support is the BEST read up on all the forums i stayed away from the whipple cause there were alot of people having problems with it and for what Brent charges for his stage 3 set up and all the goodies that come with it you wont find a better deal .
Old 12-31-2007, 12:42 AM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boosted94

10psi-car is bone stock
There was another guy who had a shelby gt that was blown with similar numbers..he has many miles on the car with no issues. I have yet to hear of ANYONE having ANY issues with 450-500rwhp. There are guys with turbo's running 500+rwhp on stock internals with no issues.
It sure is nice having 400+ ftlbtq at 2k rpm

i think ur pushing it buddy! 493rwhp sounds sweet but i dont think the 3V block will hold it without changing the internals ... it says everywhere that you can gain 50% extra HP and still be safe.

I hope u dont face problems buddy .. that will be great new news for me
Old 12-31-2007, 01:18 AM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

Had the Procharger HO at 10lbs boost for over a year before going turbo very recently. Zero problems. 480 rwhp and about 420 rw torque. It got the car into the very high 11s with everything else being stock at that time and just DRs. Good gas mileage too.
480 rwhp and about 420 rw torque with stock internals and no problems as well! ... its good to know man ... but yet again that is not advisable, but glad to know of your experience.

but WHY did you change to the turbo setup??
Old 12-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

lol I like how you guys throw out numbers that high (450-490Whp) so casualy.

in the srt-4 world,on a stock block..it's pretty unheard of.

I really cannot wait to get my GT and start modding...dang snow!
[:'(]
Old 12-31-2007, 03:46 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

lol I like how you guys throw out numbers that high (450-490Whp) so casualy.

in the srt-4 world,on a stock block..it's pretty unheard of.

I really cannot wait to get my GT and start modding...dang snow!
[:'(]
We have 4 more cylinders to spread that power over!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

480 rwhp and about 420 rw torque with stock internals and no problems as well! ... its good to know man ... but yet again that is not advisable
I agree. I was getting nervous with the stock block and I also would not recommend those power levels. I had no issues thoughup to that time.

I have certain track goals for the car forthis season and have figured I need about 650 rear wheel hp and torque. The P1SC Procharger could be upgraded to the D series but not to the F1 series. So it was a coin toss between a large turbo or supercharger capable of 20lbs or so boost (Procharger or KB). Went to a 67mm Garrett turbo which is rated at about780 crankhp.The motor, rearend, transmission, fuel systemare all built now and rated to handle in the 950-1000 hp range, so I'm considering upgrading turbo to a 74mm which will provide about 950 crank hp. We'll see. It's all theory right now. Hopefully car will be dynotuned mid-January and on the track soon after.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:20 AM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

The motor, rearend, transmission, fuel systemare all built now and rated to handle in the 950-1000 hp range, so I'm considering upgrading turbo to a 74mm which will provide about 950 crank hp. We'll see. It's all theory right now. Hopefully car will be dynotuned mid-January and on the track soon after.
good luck with that bro .. sounds sweet ... would love too see a video of you on the drag strip [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

480 rwhp and about 420 rw torque with stock internals and no problems as well! ... its good to know man ... but yet again that is not advisable
I agree. I was getting nervous with the stock block and I also would not recommend those power levels. I had no issues thoughup to that time.

I have certain track goals for the car forthis season and have figured I need about 650 rear wheel hp and torque. The P1SC Procharger could be upgraded to the D series but not to the F1 series. So it was a coin toss between a large turbo or supercharger capable of 20lbs or so boost (Procharger or KB). Went to a 67mm Garrett turbo which is rated at about780 crankhp.The motor, rearend, transmission, fuel systemare all built now and rated to handle in the 950-1000 hp range, so I'm considering upgrading turbo to a 74mm which will provide about 950 crank hp. We'll see. It's all theory right now. Hopefully car will be dynotuned mid-January and on the track soon after.

Just go right for the 76mm... They get great results from them on Vipers, Supras, and other sports cars. It'll surely be a little more efficient as well since you won't have to push it to the higher limits to reach your hp goals.

Quick Reply: superchargers on our 3V 4.6L / PSI/ and rwhp?