Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

O/R X-PIPE QUESTIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Default O/R X-PIPE QUESTIONS!!!

i'm thinking about taking the plunge when i order my CAI/Tuner package as a supporting mod and i just want to know a few things. i tried search and it kept showing up an error.

a) how hard is it to install yourself? is it a bolt on or do i need to do some welding? reason i ask is if it's a few bolts i can probably do it myself, if it's more, i can't and i don't feel like paying for someone else to do it...

b) i know some axle-back systems give out bad drone... what about an O/R X with stock mufflers? i do a solid 6 hours of driving every other weekend back and forth from school 100% highway driving between 55 and 90. i like my music and i want to be able to carry on a conversation.

c) anyone in Texas, or College Station especially, have any trouble from cops with em? are they loud enough with stock mufflers to make draw a lot of attention? i haven't been able to find too many sound clips... i just don't want to get into any ****.

so yeah, i've heard 5-10hp gains and i'm figuring for $125 that's a pretty decent deal, especially if i can get some sound out of it without having to drop $500 on a good axleback kit.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: O/R X-PIPE QUESTIONS!!!

ORIGINAL: Texotic

a) how hard is it to install yourself? is it a bolt on or do i need to do some welding? reason i ask is if it's a few bolts i can probably do it myself, if it's more, i can't and i don't feel like paying for someone else to do it...

b) i know some axle-back systems give out bad drone... what about an O/R X with stock mufflers? i do a solid 6 hours of driving every other weekend back and forth from school 100% highway driving between 55 and 90. i like my music and i want to be able to carry on a conversation.

c) anyone in Texas, or College Station especially, have any trouble from cops with em? are they loud enough with stock mufflers to make draw a lot of attention? i haven't been able to find too many sound clips... i just don't want to get into any ****.

so yeah, i've heard 5-10hp gains and i'm figuring for $125 that's a pretty decent deal, especially if i can get some sound out of it without having to drop $500 on a good axleback kit.
a: Stupid easy. It is an easy bolt on and plug in.
b: Not all axle-backs give out drone. There is a thread with exhaust sounds, and an O/R Xpipe with stock mufflers is one of the clips, you should listen to it. I'm not sure if that setup would have any drone.
c: They are loud, but not loud enough to get you in trouble. I'm sure it's possible to find some cop that knows what a car with no cats smells like, but I would take that risk. I do not live in Texas however.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

cool, thanks.

i listened to the clip in the exhaust thread, but the quality wasn't great and you can't really tell if there's drone from an exterior exhaust clip.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

the mufflers are usually the culprit w/ the drone. it will be louder w/out cats, and it will sound different w/ the x/pipe. but i think the drone will be the same as it is now if you are stock exhaust.