Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed and Whipple?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Brenspeed and Whipple?

ORIGINAL: Bulitt

Brenspeed did the install and the work was flawless.Top that with their customer support and its a no brainier in my book.I'm running 8 psi and putting down 439 rwhp saleen is the best in my book and since Brent's a saleen speed lab dealer why buy a whipple from someone that can not tell you the ins and outs of the blower.Go with Brent you will be very happy.
You can PM me and I'll give you as much in's and out's on the Whipple. Being their largest distributor I feel I'm more than qualified. Jared
Old 01-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

Thats just my opinion i feel if I'm going to spend five to six grand on a blower I want to be able to talk to someone that has hands on experience with the blower I choose.Sure you can buy a whipple ( like moosestang [sm=laughat.gif]) from the worlds largest distributor but do these places have four s197 mustang test cars that you can test drive that have different blower packages on them.I doubt it and from what i read on all the other forums and this forum it just seems to many people have problems with the whipple and to spend that kind of money and have problems with the blower I went with , from my research a rock solid set up from Brenspeed/Saleen.Im not trying to tell anyone what they should buy or trying to down talk other blowers I'm just stating the facts and trying to help in anywayI can and with the reputation that Brenspeed has he did not sign on with the devil he signed on with what he thought was the best SALEEN and that was enough for me to buy .

Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Thats just my opinion i feel if I'm going to spend five to six grand on a blower I want to be able to talk to someone that has hands on experience with the blower I choose.Sure you can buy a whipple ( like moosestang [sm=laughat.gif]) from the worlds largest distributor but do these places have four s197 mustang test cars that you can test drive that have different blower packages on them.I doubt it and from what i read on all the other forums and this forum it just seems to many people have problems with the whipple and to spend that kind of money and have problems with the blower I went with , from my research a rock solid set up from Brenspeed/Saleen.Im not trying to tell anyone what they should buy or trying to down talk other blowers I'm just stating the facts and trying to help in anywayI can and with the reputation that Brenspeed has he did not sign on with the devil he signed on with what he thought was the best SALEEN and that was enough for me to buy .
so what you're saying is......when u went to your car dealership to buy your Ford....all the salesmen and managers and techs all must drive a Ford for you to buy it?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

As long as they dont drive one of these 03 Acura RSX A-Spec-287whp/240wtq
05 Scion tC-212whp/178wtq; 260+ soon to come
06 Acura TL A-Spec then its all good.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

As long as they dont drive one of these 03 Acura RSX A-Spec-287whp/240wtq
05 Scion tC-212whp/178wtq; 260+ soon to come
06 Acura TL A-Spec then its all good.
Wow. You have a very strange and specific way of making automotive purchasing decisions.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Most of the time its because if you buy20 vortech's you get a nice discount vs trying to buy 5 vortech's, 5 saleens, 5 whipples. All are very good SC all have the ups and down's but basically the same thing.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

I have the Saleen S/C installed by Brent and Dave,the reason I went with them is the comfort issue of knowing they've worked on 100's and 100's of S197's. They install and test almost every part they sell, from twin-screws, centri's, turbo chargers, cams, gears, and the key word is install, in other words hands on experience. There are alot of companies that will sell you a power adder,
but in my opinion very few with the experience Brenspeed has. There are a few that come to mind Jdm is one. And I'm quite sure if you buy a whipple they could install and tune it without any problems. I've had my Saleen for around 6 mo's now with zero problems. I've bought and had them install several parts for me, and zero problems and great customer service really sells me. Whipple, Kenne Bell, Saleen, Vortech, Paxton, Turbo charger they can do it all and you can get in touch with them.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm going to have to ask you to be more specific.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

Well here a just a few leaky intercooler
thats at least the 5th or 6th whipple in the last few months that i can recall with an intercooler leak. sounds like quality control there is sleeping
[/align]Possible blower issues I've had my Whipple 10psi tuner kit on my '05 GT for a few months now. At first it wasn't so bad, but shortly the car required LOTS of warm up time before it would be streetable. Otherwise it bogged and hesitated something fierce for quite a few miles. [/align][/align] Serpentine Belt walking on Whipple HO After getting my car back from the installer a month or two ago, it seemed fine. But I started hearing a noise from under the hood, and the belt is about half chewed up. Installer saidit's a tensioner issue common with whipples[/align][/align]My Whipple is leaking its oil
So I was looking under the hood today and thankfuly I glanced at the viewing hole for the oil level. I was a CH from being empty I start looking around and see a little puddle of some brown liquid on the manafold....rub my finger in it...oil[/align][/align]
Old 01-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

Once again I'm not saying Whipple is bad but when i did my homework there were lots of threads with people having problems with the whipple so thats why i stayed away from it.Nowsome ofthese problems could be caused by the installer which takes us to my second point Brenspeed + Saleen + #1 Brenspeed customer support = ( A NO BRAINER ) get a saleen package from Brenspeed and let them do the install if you can.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed and Whipple?