Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Stage 3 supercharger kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
mac24
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed Stage 3 supercharger kit Question

hey phatphil how was traction when the car was stock with supercharger,or did u have the supspension stuff before the blower.how is traction with the suspension parts.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:10 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac24

hey phatphil how was traction when the car was stock with supercharger,or did u have the supspension stuff before the blower.how is traction with the suspension parts.
traction is always problem with boost. its wheel hop, and the ability to keep the car straight is where suspension upgrades come into play.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Traction was perfect before the S/C but I already had the suspension done. I had all the bolt ons and was hooking up perfect with 255/40/18's, I was putting down about 310 rwhp with full bolt ons. With the S/C I basically don't have 1st or 2nd gear, but I'm waiting till this spring to get some Nitto drag radials. My buddy has the Nitto's and they do really well.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed has the Saleen supercharger on all 3 of its cars if I remember right ... that's gotta say something. He's tried out everything he sells and keeps the Saleens on there.

I haven't heard of one person that didn't like it.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
dewittalday

Have had my Stage 3 kit since October '07. Installed everything myself...took 3 days...about 20 hours (but took my time). Got a custom dyno tune and am making about 425rwhp and 440tq, with a consistent 11.5-12.0 A/F ratio from 3400rpm (torque curve is very flat too). I'm making about 9psi on the 3.6" pulley, but I have Dynatech 1.75" long tube headers. It makes 400tq at 2900rpm!!!

I did a road trip with it from Dallas to New Jersey in December, so I put about 4,000 miles on my car. I only have about 11,700 miles on my car though. In my road trip, I got 21-27mpg, depending on how fast I was driving, and if I was driving through mountains. Overall average was around 24mpg. There was 3 different times in 4 weeks when I got engine "fail safe" mode, but I think it was due to (1) cheap gas and (2) drive-by-wire computer adjusting for being on constant cruise control then having a problem when I stomped on the gas pedal. I usually put 93 Shell gas in my car, but driving cross country there wasn't always a Shell station when I needed gas. The "limp home fail safe" mode was fixed each time by just pulling over, shutting the engine off, waiting a minute, then starting it back up. Weird.

I only drive 1 mile to/from work every day, and get 15-16mpg. Basically the engine isn't even warmed up when I get to work. The car can break the rear tires loose in 3rd gear from a roll even with suspension upgrades, but I have 17x8" Bullitts with P-Zero tires. I haven't been to the track yet, but if I did I think the stock clutch would be the first thing to go out.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:32 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

so the "fail-safe" never reoccured after the road trip?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

with the stock internals/motor it's cool to run the stage 3?? even with the smaller pulley?
I suppose that point is open to debate. My personal feeling, based wholly on research I've done and lots of reading on lots of forums, is that Brenspeed's Stage 3 is as far as *I* am willing to go on a stock engine. Even so, I wouldn't run it like that more than one season, two at the absolute max. And that would not include anything remotely resembling regular 1320 runs..
Old 01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this just sounds too much like the fuel
pump hesitation after cruise issue.

ORIGINAL: dewittalday

drive-by-wire computer adjusting for being on constant cruise control then having a problem when I stomped on the gas pedal.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 PM
dewittalday

ORIGINAL: ChiDiddy

so the "fail-safe" never reoccured after the road trip?
Haven't had the problem since getting back to Dallas, but it has been less than 2 weeks. I didn't get the "fail-safe" on my trip back to Dallas either, but I wasn't stomping on it. I figured the "fuel pump hesitation" issue was more of the drive-by-wire system since once I got to NJ and was doing city driving, the car felt less responsive and sluggish even after disconnecting the battery and reloading the tune. I disconnected the battery and reloaded the tune when I got back to Dallas, and the car seems like it was before the road trip (quick and responsive), plus I've been doing more city driving and trying to drive it hard.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

must be crazy with all that low end torque lol..

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Stage 3 supercharger kit Question