Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:33 PM
navyscott
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...

After alot of back and forth, I'm almost certain that I will be going with the Saleen s/c for my FI needs. Just wanted to hear from any auto trans owners (maybe even MT owners) for some feedback as far as:
-Where did you buy it and who installed it?
-What tune did you go with?
-Had any problems (mechanical, fitment, etc.)?
-How is the trans holding up?
-Happy with it?
I'm leaning heavily towards the Brenspeed stage 2 kit + install. Anybody out there gone this route? I'll probably be getting my custom hood befor ethe s/c goes in so hood clearance shouldn't be an issue, I've heard some do and some don't have clearance problems.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:37 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...

Bought it from Brenspeed.
I'm installing it.
Brenspeed's tune.
Don't know, it'll be here Tuesday.
Tranny should be fine, I'm thinking I'm going to need a better clutch though.
It's not even HERE yet and I'm happy. LOL!!

Hood clearance won't be an issue with it, that was a problem with 07's, and was solved by either using a different air intake tube, or my using lowering motor mounts.

Just get on the phone with Brent or Seth and place your order. Like Nike. Just do it.

LOL
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

i was in an 06 saleen sc and man i was expecting more whine out of it! if i were you i would go with whipple that is if you like more whine like i do
Old 01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

i bought a saleen sc because i wanted the stealth sound...less whine the better to me
..i do not want anyone knowing i am about to spank dem butts
Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Talk about stealth, it's not even in your sig.. LOL
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

had mine installed on my 05 since April 07: no tranny issues yet on 8psi and numbers in signature. However will i replace the torque converter before the hot summer down here in Florida again. Most likley. no other issues to report. Walt at Real speed racing in Clearwater did install. Only issue I had after install was JDM's canned tune would not work with my car. Had it custom tuned by Justin at VMP. chose the saleen for the awesome deal I got on it 4k shipped and I do like from the factory look it has. no regrets and love every minute of it....good luck....OH yeah you cant go wrong with brenspeed. he has some great deals and his customer service is the best.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rdiaz89

i was in an 06 saleen sc and man i was expecting more whine out of it! if i were you i would go with whipple that is if you like more whine like i do
at 8psi mine has plenty of whine for me...but the whipple is definitely louder....by the way rdiaz89...your car looks freaking awesome...
Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

had mine installed on my 05 since April 07: no tranny issues yet on 8psi and numbers in signature. However will i replace the torque converter before the hot summer down here in Florida again. Most likley. no other issues to report. Walt at Real speed racing in Clearwater did install. Only issue I had after install was JDM's canned tune would not work with my car. Had it custom tuned by Justin at VMP. chose the saleen for the awesome deal I got on it 4k shipped and I do like from the factory look it has. no regrets and love every minute of it....good luck....OH yeah you cant go wrong with brenspeed. he has some great deals and his customer service is the best.

Yea im not sure what the problem was with your car, we have done hundreds of the automatic cars and never had any issues. I think we emailed the tune though if i remember and there was problem getting it loaded in the xcal2.

We have been racing our Automatic Saleen car for over 2 years. Its a full weight Street car and we have broken barriers with the automatic transmissions that others said would be impossible. To this I say this.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j6_eUSTWoUw

1.31 60 foot
9.85 @ 136

Fastest Stock 5R55 Automatic Trans S197 Mustang in the WORLD!!!

JimIII
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

That is scary fast. I'm still shakin.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Holy .... thats a badass ride and an awesome run Jim !!

Quick Reply: Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...