Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How long to get Whipple Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:56 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How long to get Whipple Tuner?

I got my kit probably 2 months ago. ST motorsports sent it in directly to Whipple to get it tuned because it was faster, thats all. I could of got the ford racing tuner but it was supposed to take 7 to 10 days from FR after filling out the questionairre online. They did the install like like in 4 hours so I didnt want my car sitting there for along period of time. They got my ecu tuned right away and tossed it on the dyno for 3pulls. 440rwhp and 415rwtq. Said everything looked good on the dyno with the Ford Racing tune.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

I think I might wait until moose is ready to go and head over there with him. Maybe we can get a discount.

Thanks guys.
Discount sounds nice, but moose is going to have to wait awhile. Once the wife forgets about the $500 deductible I'm laying down tomorrow them maybe.

The only problem with sending in the ecu is if you wanted to go back to stock. Your stock tune is gone.

Oh, there won't be any damaged parts. Whipple packs that sucker like it's 100 year old sticks of dynamite! The whole think is covered in formed foam.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

guru, here is a teaser pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/8EEB56FAC13443C0AF87FA0AFD31DC9F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

The only problem with sending in the ecu is if you wanted to go back to stock. Your stock tune is gone.

Now this is an excellent point to keep in mind!

Tell you why aleast for me.

On mylast car with a supecharger I took off the supercharger (to sell the car imo hard to sell modified)and returned the car to stock to make it easier to selland reinstalled my stock tune frommy tunerX-cal 2 and sell the supecharger along with other partsseprate.

I feel you get more money this way vs selling it with the supercharger and easier to sella nice stock low mileagecar imo aleast for me.

Soby still having my stock tuneand able to load itback inwas nice!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Moose-

I am not in a hurry I dont really have the cash either. I am considering that since the whipple tune is so rich at 10psi, maybe I should run it that way and take it easy until I can get an 8psi tune from VMP. Just let me know we can sneak over whenever . I have plenty of vacation time saved up and dyno time qualifies.

Hammeron-

Way to rub it in [:'(]. I ordered it online last night. My installer said to give him a weeks notice so I should be fine. I am going to call him today for a time.

TJ-

Yeah I plan on keeping all my stock parts in case some day I want to sell it I can put it all back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts.

All-

Moose is right. Whipple packs their stuff extremely well and you would need a real gorilla to mess things up. Plus they ship truck freight so you dont have to worry about UPS at all.

I highly recommend whipple and Tousley Ford.

Alright now to resurrect my gloating post with an update.