Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

which gauge pod would you get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: which gauge pod would you get?

What gauges do you guys put in the pods if you are n/a?
Old 01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
00silverStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wadman

+1 i love the look of the guage pods on the a-pillars, what kind of gauges we talking about and what prices
Old 01-19-2008, 03:57 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

Although I don't have one, I think the vent pod would be more of a pain to wire. I bought a broke SoS pillar pod and mounted the pods to my old pillar. I love it and it's out of the way. Only drawback is it's real easy for anyone else to see at night.

The wiring took me about 5 to 10 minutes if that. It was very easy.
I stand corrected then. I'll admit I didn't look into it, just figured it might be a PiTA to get the wire out of the vents.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:32 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I only have one gauge (probably all I'll get), it's a 2 5/8" autometer boost gauge. It fits perfectly in the vent hole with no adapter necessary. Granted, it's not recessed like the one above, and the vent is no longer functional, but it still looks good. It's got a silver face so it kind of blends with the dash. I have it in the same vent as the picture above.

I did a considerable amount of homework trying to decide what gauges, what mount, etc etc... Shelby actually makes a center-gauge pod that looks like it BELONGS in the car. Same texture, color, everything, as the stock interior. I'm not sure, but I THINK it might only be available in the dark charcoal/blackish color. It's $129.99 and has no holes pre-cut in it, so you can use whatever size gauges you want, and use 1, or 2, or 3.. I think their gauges are three 2 5/8" gauges, so there's plenty of room. It sticks on with double-sided tape.

I ended up electing not to do that because I didn't want to cut a hole in my dash. And I didn't want an a-pillar pod because being a 'vert, that would be VERY conspicuous, which I also didn't want.

Whichever route you go, think about it a lot, and look at lots of pictures, because no matter how "easy" it is to install one, it's still a PITA pulling wires, and vacuum lines, and whatever else. So wherever you put it, it'll probably stay there a while.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
mustang fanatic
1st Gear Member

I would go for a dash pod.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:38 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pwny

SOS center gauge pod.
+1....

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/4F7F310C85EF494A9A26DDAEC026F680.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-19-2008, 05:52 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

sos pillar pod
Old 01-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

If I were staying n/a I wouldn't use any gauges. With the boost I'm about to be pushing, I'm going to be using a boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and wideband air/fuel ratio gauge. All autometer.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

If I were staying n/a I wouldn't use any gauges. With the boost I'm about to be pushing, I'm going to be using a boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and wideband air/fuel ratio gauge. All autometer.
i was planning for when i get FI, so i'm thinking of getting dual pillar pod, w/ A/F and boost, i can read the fuel pressure and other stuff w/ my livewire. i can also read the A/F and boost thru the livewire but i want to get the gauges so i can read w/out the livewire too.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I choose A pillar but in actuality i will end up with both.

Right now I am installing a SOS dual pillar for my Boost and Aeroforce gauge. In the future I am going to get a vent pod to mount on the left driver vent for a A/F gauge.

And as far as security I put my sun shade on my car anytime I park it day or night. I have 5% tint all around so only the windshield isnt tinted. With the sunshade up in the front you cant see anything in my car. I think of it as a sun and security sheild.

Quick Reply: which gauge pod would you get?